Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how can i monitor my monthly usage?

Options
  • 04-08-2003 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

ok so i'm lucky enough to have IOL broadband up and running since last Friday - happy days!! :)

now i don't know anything about this broadband lark so i was just wondering if anyone could let me know an easy way of monitoring how much of the 5 Gb cap i have used throughout the month?

did it come with some program that shows that? when i click on the green dsl icon, all i see is a modem transmit and receive graph with blue and red lines that i don't understand
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

you should get a program called Dumeter and set it up as to monitor your DSL modem/NIC only, that'll do the job for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Its the best program out there, it has many options, such as to let you know when you reach a specified limit etc (ideal for caps). Its the best way to go. only rpob is it ain't free... not legally anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

thanks for the speedy and helpful replies ....

looks a nice little program alright - i know it's not free but it won't break the bank :)

just one thing - is it clear now whether the IOL cap is 5Gb for downloading and uploading combined or 5Gb for each? I had been following some threads on this a few days ago but it all started going a bit over my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Also fizzy just incase you didin't know .... http://broadband.iol.ie/cgi-bin/sec/dsl

note : dont add @iolbb to your login

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

jeepers whitey thanks a mill :)

did i miss some welcome pack with my modem telling me this stuff or something? having been unable to find any support on the iol site for existing broadband users, i e-mailed them late on thursday night when i set it up - naturally i've had no reply....

anyway vielen dank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

I got nothing eitheir fizzy just the drivers on a CD-R nothing else. I got the link through boards,didn't know it existed myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

www.dumeter.com it the link for dumeter the best program i've used for monitoring everything i use it for anytime and i have it set so if i go over 6 hours in one day it alerts me oppps 7hours 42 minutes today alone :(

aww well it's a bank holiday

Advertisement