Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anywhere in dublin offer

Options
  • 04-08-2003 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

to fit watercooling to a pc cos i don't feel confident enough to do it myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

what kinda kit is it? is ur case set up to fit it all internally, is it going on a p4 or amd cpu, where did u buy the kit

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i havn't bought the kit yet i would wait to see if any1 installs them in dublin

it would be a p4 3ghz system

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I dont know much about watercooling (i skipped straight to phase cooling 8) but ive been watching the asetek boards (cause they do my vapo aswell) alot of late and i've only heard good things about thier waterchill cooling system and its supposed to be handy enough to set up, maybe you should check that out.
    DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

well ive installed a watercooling my self before so i could probably help you, couple of things tho,

a) the more waterblocks u want to fit the more complex it will be so if its cpu only its easy, cpu and gfx bit harder and cpu,gfx and nb most difficult.

b) wc can be hard to fit in a case so unless u want some of it external the choices are (unless u are good with a dremnel) 1) buy a koolance tower with the wc already installed 2) buy a koolance exos which sits on top of ur case and is already put together for u 3) if extreme cooling isnt really needed and u dont plan to over clock the thermal take aquarius 2 isnt bad and is cheap, as it has an 80mm rad it will fit in most cases

if u want top of the line wc id suggest:
    Eheim 1048/1250 pump
    Thermochill 120mm rad or OCPC the Deep rad or Dtek heatercore
    Maze 3/4 waterblock
    Tygon Tubing
    Dangerden Bay reservoir

waterchill isnt bad but not as good as the above

cheers for the reply it all sounds too complicated i might just stick to air cooling for the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

hi there.. most watercooling kits are pretty easy to install, it's like putting lego blocks together. :)

and cheap is not always cheap. if you get a budget water cooling system chances are that it will perform the same as a good air cooling kit, and a small radiator will mean a small fan, which will need to spin faster to get a decent amount of air through, so you're talking about a loud fan. in the end you'll end up spending more money and getting the same result you would with good air cooling.

innovatek are decent kits with great quality build. asetek are also introducing a water cooling kit that's pretty decent but doesn't have as many add-ons, and hasn't been tested as good as innovatek.

if i were going for one myself from the scratch, i'd go for danger den with 1/2" fittings all the way through.

you don't need to be drilling anything with a dremel, unless you need to transport your case often, you'd be even better off mounting the radiator and the pump outside the case. less heat produced inside the case, lower temperatures, and you don't need to cut/drill anything.

http://www.thermaltake.com/products/AquariusII/aquariusII.htm

is that a good watercooling system of would it be ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

that looks pretty basic to me.. exactly what i meant when i said you can go budget and get something that's no better than good air cooling but will cost you a lot more.

you should read the reviews on the net, i don't have any experience with this watercooling setup myself. i'm just very very very sceptic about a system with 80mm fan to cool down everything, a submersible pump that just adds it's own heat to the water, and apparently no video card and motherboard waterblock.

if you want to have a chat about this over a pint or something send me a PM. i got a watercooled rig, and have upgraded it recently. i have a good bit of experience and know what not to do :)

also one thing to keep in mind, the new p4 prescott's disspate 100W of heat, and if you look at thermaltake aquarius' chart, it only goes up to 60W at which it claims it "cools" the cpu to 20C above ambient. i'd guess your p4 at 3 ghz dissipates more heat than that, so would it really be worth it? if your ambient is about 28C, that would mean your cpu would be at 48C at the most ideal. not to mention that you'll still have to deal with the noise and heat from the video card and motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

almost missed the thread ;)

It is really like netman said: it is pretty easy to install a watercooling system. It is even easier when you buy a kit that includes everything you need. All kits can be later upgraded to include GPU or Northbridge coolers (ok, maybe the cheap noname products not ;).

The only thing you have to keep in mind is that you need space for a radiator.

What case do you have?
    As I can only speak for innovatek, the single radiator fits easily in the chieftec DX-01 (former CS601) midi-tower. And you don't have to cut a hole, if you don't want all the maximum power.

The results you will get from a watercooling are better even in comparison to the best aircooling solutions (again, can't speak for the cheap noname kits).

For example: innovatek has now a low cost kit, even this one can cope with all processors. The temperature difference between the inexpensive and the best one is around 8 degrees on the CPU, not much more.

I have to prepare two watercooling systems for one of our customers in the next two weeks.
    If you want we can make an appointment and I show you how it is installed.
    It is really easy......

jow

Advertisement