Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

over clocking...mobos?

• 04-08-2003 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

i dont know if this is in the right pace but if its not plz move it.

I'm looking for a mobo that can be used for overclocking with out givin up the gost. I 'm not to date on mobos, thats why i am asking. I have no price rang as i want my moneys wort. I'm looking at a socket A, with the normal stuff, usb, onboard sound... i'm not to pushed with a on board lan.
    Iam lookin at komplett but there are just so many. I hear Abit are good for overclocking.
    Is here a web page where i can get good info on good mobos for over clocking and a few hint/tips.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

try looking around at www.tomshardware.com

abits are brilliant for overclocking i got one meself but i have a p4 board not amd so i can't say which is the best board overclocking wise for amd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Abit are fantastic boards for overclocking!! Would recomend you getting an ABIT NF7 . If you need SATA then go for the NF7-S , but if ya dont save a few bob. Make sure its a 2.0 board (not like a 1.2 or 1.3).

Have the NF7-S myself and im so very happy, has brilliant overclocking options and is so stable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭aclane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

u might as well pay the extra for sata cos u never know when u'll need it and if u get it now it's always there

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

yea i'll probably get the sata. i was want to project at the mo, but we needs a good mobo for it. thanks for the help, porbably be back for more help on other stuff...

later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

Is this the mobo yea are on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Yea thats the one, on board sound is very good (supports surround sound) and it comes with practically everything!! It also includes the cables you need for SATA drives, which is a nice touch!! You definetly wont be disapointed.

Advertisement