Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum request; Manchester United

Options
  • 04-08-2003 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Any common user on the soccer thread will realise that theres a huge amount of manu posts springing up, and are mostly ending in ManU v ABU's, as stated in a post there by uhm, non-gandalf-moderater.

Not trying to be cheeky or anything, but is there any chance we can make a forum dedicated to manu followers?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

....and a shot was heard around the world...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

I second the suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

As a Filth supporter I'd love to see this board being created. I'll probably post there as much if not less than I post on Soccer.

It could go under a new Subsection called The Trolling Grounds with PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Dev if you give in to a Manu Board you will have to give in for all the other supported teams. Just think another 20-50 boards to add to the chaos :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Boo.

Down with this sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'll want a Nottingham Forest Board.....

Really, noone in their right minds would mod it and it would just turn into somewhere to go when you are having a frustrating day and want to get involved in some wholesale abuse....

Anyway, dunno what Man U fans are moaning about, pool get far more abuse in soccer than Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

From what I can tell there's a lot more Liverpool topics and supporters on the Soccer board, so if anyone were to get a new board it should be them, but I think the current soccer board is more than adequit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

What about Belgian first devision teams ?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by sykeirl
    I'll want a Nottingham Forest Board.....
    So would I! Another Forest supporter? Surely it's not possible

Man U board? Can you make it private? ANd promise never to post on soccer again?

If so thumbs up.

P.S. Bring the pool supporters with you. And those chelski lads are starting to get a bit uppity too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

You see,the entire point of having a manure thread is that so I can read the soccer forum without having the horrible urge to murder somebody, as all the manure supporters will be telling people of how fantastic they are somewhere else.

We dont have such a large outbreak of that with any other team right now, so theres no need for another forum for other teams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

i agree wit Tellox, at any given picosecond there's at least 3 "ManYoo Forever!! How Fantabulous are we!!" threads on the go....
    but i already had an argument bout this on the soccer board so i can't go on or I'll have to be sedated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

great. a whole board on ManU. Why don't we get a Posh & Becks board while we're at it!?
    I hear enough about ManU on the news and in the papers.
    Yah-Boo, nuts to you, Fritzy.

Well ella minnow pea you should do what the rest of us do, which is ignore most of the Manure threads (well until someone complains about them :rolleyes:).

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

There is definitely enough support for a ManU forum and ditto a Liverpool one and a couple of other teams (maybe in the 20 - 50 region as gandalf suggests).

This will in no way stop ABU's posting against United, it will merely direct them. The same applies for people who want to slag any other team. I would probably be too repulsed by the forum to go near it.

In addition to this it won't stop it going on in the main soccer forum either. It's a football supporters nature to give their point of view and just because there is a perfectly good ManU forum does not mean that ManU opionions will not appear elsewhere.

I'm sure other peoples opinions differ from mine but I think it would be boring if I could say something about Liverpool without having it slagged off and having to defend it. Half the fun of supporting them really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Here's an idea: Try supporting an Irish club.

adam /dux

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Here's an idea: Try supporting an Irish club.

adam /dux

Ah no here we go again. Slice of Deja Vu anyone :p

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I dont see why man u should have their own forum unless everyteam is going to get one. I for one will continue to post on the soccer forum as you are more likely to get a good discussion with the broader variety of opinions. a Man U board could be a bit boring with us all expressing the same opinions. I also think the ABU brigade would have a field day flaming us poor red devils.

IMO Its fine as it is. nobody is forcing anyone to read the man U threads and I have not seen anyone being stopped from posting topics about their own teams.

ps IMO the mods there are excellent with gandalf and vagga taking no messing and being fair to all .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Anyway, dunno what Man U fans are moaning about, pool get far more abuse in soccer than Utd.

True, just look at all the ABL posters here. Oh no wait! There aren't any!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Counter-Strike has its own forum but you don't see every half life mod getting a board of its own. If a topic has enough followers on boards that it will generate traffic then I think it deserves a board. Same goes for colleges, Carlow IT had(have?) their own board but that didn't mean by default every college in Ireland had to have one setup.

On the other hand I'm just a lurker on the soccer forum and don't know would it be for the best if there were Man U/Liverpool/Arsenal boards set up. I just don't think you should kill the idea on the basis that you'd have to have board for every different team out there.

Originally posted by The Muppet
    I dont see why man u should have their own forum unless everyteam is going to get one.
    This isn't how forums work. I can't speak for policy but I've been around a while: Except in unusual circumstances, boards get created when general boards are getting cluttered with discussion about one particular topic. Stamping your foot and demanding a forum for Ballybofey United & Timeshare Holidays Ltd. is almost exactly how /not/ to get a new board. Chances go into negative values if you ask to be mod.

adam

• Advertisement

Stamping your foot and demanding a forum for Ballybofey United & Timeshare Holidays Ltd. is almost exactly how /not/ to get a new board. Chances go into negative values if you ask to be mod.

You Really should try reading posts before replying to them it will help you to formulate an intelligent reply. Just for the hard of understanding I was arguing against the formation of a new forum (chance probally go into Positive values ) .

As for being a mod the mods on the soccer board are excellent and i dont think Im anally retentive enough to make the grade on other forums.:D

Delighted to see that your still bitter tough.:p :p:p

The Muppet

I wasn't referring to you in particular Muppet, I was talking to the world at large. Nice handle btw.

(Bitter? Eh?)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

hamsta, for the record, I support Waterford UTD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

is there really a need for a Manchester United board. the moderators on the soccer board do a great job as it is

dahamsta
    I wasn't referring to you in particular Muppet, I was talking to the world at large. Nice handle btw.

I hate when people try to slag you off and then when they get put in their place deny what they were doing. Again I give you the same advice as before. Read your original post including the quote from me and the jibe about me being a mod and tell me how that was directed at the forum in general and not me personally. If Your gonna flame me at least you could have the conviction to stand up for your belief instead of folding at the first sign of retaliation.

A big 10 4 on the handle there good buddie.Sorry I couldn't think of one which was funny snappy and with meaning like your own. Anyway I find it serves my Purpose. Roger and out

END OF DISCUSSION

The Muppet

/me pats muppet on the head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Muppet you hurt my head, welcome to ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I'll agree to a Manky board as long as it is modded by a confirmed ABU psycopath.

That will make it as interesting as it deserves to be :D

that whitewashman gets to mod the celtic board by the same logic. etc. etc. Lets test the format out on the ManU fans .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by DapperGent
    So would I! Another Forest supporter? Surely it's not possible

Indeed I am
    and Ping Chow Chi is too I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Indeed I am
    and Ping Chow Chi is too I think!
    How have you guys been coping?