Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Caesars Restuarant, Dublin- crap!

• 05-08-2003 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

RE: Little Caesars in Dublin.

I attended this restaurant last year with a party of 10. We were 15 minutes waiting for our BOOKED table. It was too hot; the music was loud and inappropriate (Dance music- it's not a freakin' nightclub). They squashed all of us at an 8-person table. The food was very poor (One example: My Roast Potatoes were undercooked and the veg was cooked from frozen).

One of the girls we were with nearly drank a glass of water that had a spider skeleton in it. When we complained, they made a joke of it, and started singing "Incy Wincy Spider" and laughing- then they emptied the glass and polished it with a napkin and gave it back to her. She was actually quite shaken, as the spider had touched her lip, which is why she hesitated to drink it.

They served regular prawns to a lady beside me, which were on the menu as ‘Tiger Prawns’. When she complained, they laughed and said that they had received the wrong delivery, which is why she didn’t get the Tiger Prawns. Yet they were serving and charging the regular prawns as the ‘Tiger Prawns’.

All the waiters think they're super Italian hunks or something, and spend more time wallowing in their own pathetic ego, than actually doing their job properly.

This is one place I will never go to again.
    Horrible experience.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

And yet somehow they're doing well enough to open a new one on Dame st. :/

Teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Is that the one off Stephen's Green/Grafton Street? If so, I was there once years ago, and it was excellent. If not.... Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,452 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ah, but think how worse it could be

http://home.eircom.net/content/irelandcom/breaking/1147164?view=Eircomnet
    Six restaurants closed over food safety failures
    Tuesday, 5th August, 2003

Six restaurants were issued with closure orders by the Food Safety Authority (FSAI) in July, according to figures released today.

The FSAI said one improvement order was also served by enforcement officers last month.

Three premises in Rathkeale, Co Limerick - Supermann's Pizzeria, Davey Mann's Loft Bar and Restaurant and Fiddler's Green pub - were issued with closure orders.

Such orders are issued where it is deemed that there is or there is likely to be a grave and immediate danger to public health.

Similar orders were also issued against Keane's Spar Supermarket, Ballygar, Co Galway, S & E Meats, Dundalk, Co Louth and the North Ocean take-away, Clontarf, Dublin 3. The improvement order was served on John D's Pub in Balbriggan, Co Dublin.

Commenting on the figures, Mr Peter Whelan, Director of Service Contracts of the FSAI, said: "It is unacceptable to have six food businesses closed because standards have fallen so low in premises that consumers' health have been put at risk.

"This is the highest number of closures in a month since the decision to publish monthly figures in 2001. This degree of non-compliance will not be tolerated," he added.

Closure and improvement orders remain listed on the FSAI website for three months. The revamped website can be accessed at www.fsai.ie.
    http://www.fsai.ie/enforcement/order/enf_criteria.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

What do you expect from a fast food joint, cause thats what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Originally posted by herbie747
    One of the girls we were with nearly drank a glass of water that had a spider skeleton in it. When we complained, they made a joke of it, and started singing "Incy Wincy Spider" and laughing- then they emptied the glass and polished it with a napkin and gave it back to her. She was actually quite shaken, as the spider had touched her lip, which is why she hesitated to drink it.

...OMFG.

You cannot IMAGINE the scene I would make if there was a dead spider in my glass.

If it makes you feel better, I for one will never, ever visit that place if I'm back in Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement