Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

im 10'th for now...the person at no1 can expect to fall badly soon....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I am dead last, Johnny Gomez' XI, ah well. And its all thanks to 2 players who got red carded today - idiots:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ha ha, campbell and barry. ah well, things can only get better. today might cheer you up.

ive got 5 players all playing, hopefully i can steal top spot by this evening.

9'th now...hope gallas plays well today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what is up with that thing. Duff has gotten 4 points for me even though the game hasn't even kicked off yet :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

its good to see my team Aston Thriller in the top quarter of the league. Matt murray let me down conceding five goals agains blackburn-though it wasnt all his fault. at least hes only my sub GK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well my Dynamo Lepers are in second place which is about the only high-point for me football wise this weekend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Just joined now, playin catch up.

I'm the "Bo Select XI" by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Jimi-Spandex
    Just joined now, playin catch up.

I'm the "Bo Select XI" by the way
    Yipee, one further from the bottom - cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

You boys ain't got a chance once I actually make up for not registering till now.
    Blind Refs Utd are on the up (down ain't possible at the mo!).
    I wanna see a better strikeforce than Van Nist, Henry and erm Cole!:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

2nd place, grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

5th wtf ??

I think my whole team scored last week :confused:

Ahh they just warming up.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

I'm in. Missed last weeks action but then again its a marathon not sprint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

The Great Escape jump into the fray, ready to dazzle with their displays of incompetance.

I'd like to apologise in advance to all the managers with the same players as me, as I am cursed when it comes to these fantasy leagues, be it in football, golf, or anything. The best tiddlywink player in the world would be undone, were there a fantasy league in that, and he was on my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Heheh Mad Gooners in pole position. Thank you Thierry :D

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

38th to 11th place today

another thank you for Thierry from me :D

Jaysus I'm 162nd in the League overall. How the Fupp did I manage that :)

Gandalf.

8'th to 2'nd. Nice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Up to 6th ... nae bad ... is there a way to search for other teams by name ... I have a few friends who are in other sections and cannot find there teams ... any ideas ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

"Russian Millionaires" are in although I missed week 1 so I'm languishing near the back at the moment. It'll soon change I tell thee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Not a great start for Sinimatallec FC...there's one thing I've noticed about Fantasy Football down the ages...the more you think you know about football, the shítter you do in FF. And just because one supports Liverpool, does not mean you have to buy 3 Liverpool players. Bye bye Harry Kewell, hello Paul Scoles.

Well so far my 2 fantasy teams are doing rather well given my no scum players rule :p

Gandalf.

i've broken into the top 10 after being in the bottom half on sunday morning. on to victory

My UberTeam is doing quite nicely...in yahoo and this. both 2'nd last time i check....

dam di canio is stalling me making progress, worth hanging onto or should i sell? 7.9m, pretty dear for a 35yr old.

hope he starts for charlton rather than coming off the bench.
    ive always done well in ff comps, its so tempting just to sell 3 or 4 players and lose 12 points but i know i cant, my team will come good. i hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

sheringham hit a hatrick and earned 17 points for my team!!!

BTW Do you think its stupid that midfielders get poinst for a clean sheet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Still in top 10 :)

Anyone doing the transfer bit?
    I just leave well enough alone and hope at end fo season me in top 5.

kdjac

ive got rid of di canio, didnt even play a minute tonite.

got in crespo instead but had to make 3 other transfers to raise the money. lost 12 points but i put my faith in george, he'll get me my top 3 finish.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Up to 3rd, woop. 10 points from Pennant (!!), 6 from Nemeth, 6 from Beattie, 8 from Given and 17 points from my defence... nice. Poor showing from thierry though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

The Kopites have just entered. Set up the team ages ago and forgot all about it. Only starting to play now really :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

FC Clancy have entered into the boards.ie league like a Joe Dolan song entering into the English charts........straight in at No. 48!! :(

B.

I've just been looking at the top 50 countries leaderboard and Ireland are in 3rd place. I never knew so many countries had the privilage to watch the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

gah, the premierleague version is so sh1t.

Ah well, im top of the yahoo one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Originally posted by eireboy
    I've just been looking at the top 50 countries leaderboard and Ireland are in 3rd place. I never knew so many countries had the privilage to watch the premiership.

Yeah, you'd be surprised at some of the countries that are "Premiership" fanatics. I was well surprised a couple of years ago when I was on holidays and seen how much the locals are into it.

It was actually quite funny talking to Taxi drivers, well trying to talk to them, they hadn't a clue where we were from when we would tell them. They kept thinking we were from Holland or England until one of the lads copped onto the Premiership following, so from then on every time he was asked where he was from he'd just say "Roy Keane, Roy Keane" and they'd respond "Ahh, Ireland!!!....Roy Keane, great player!!" Very strange indeed, but quite amusing all the same!!

B.

yes, finally crespo has come good, 2 goals today and duffer scored 1 and assisted 2. should move me up the league a bit.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

rarrr Im in the top ten !!!

I may as well gloat for the short while I'll be there :D:D

I have moved from about 17th to 2nd. Although I should be top because Jeff Kenna didn't play yesterday and My first substitute de Zeeuw scored 7 points but the substitution didn't come into effect. A well I will be knocked off the top spot with all you with your United and Arsenal players playing today.

nice one. Duff scored big yesterday. 18 points

The Lizard Kings go top ...

won't last but I'm gonna enjoy it for the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭beatsie

Ireland no.1 in countries league

Go Team Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Gwan ruddy, 2nd outta 79 :D

I've gone from second to unlucky 13th :( . Oh why didn't I pick Ruud or Thierry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Jazes, me team is numero uno for September. Go on the lads ! :D

up to 4th

gwan Mossy United :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

My team is doing crap (as expected) so I'm going to support the absent Ubah One:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Any TFFO (Telegraph Fantasy Football Online) players out there?

There's a few of us here in both the Champions League and Premiership doing ok.

up to 2nd :)

watch out The Other People 2

Chelsea and Birmingham have 2 games in Gameweek Eight ... If you have players from either side (preferably Chelsea) you could expect a few more points ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by LizardKing
    Chelsea and Birmingham have 2 games in Gameweek Eight ... If you have players from either side (preferably Chelsea) you could expect a few more points ...

Yeah this is the second time this has happened this season. Apparently it happens a few times per season, and I didn't cop it in time both times!!! Arghhh!!!

It's definitely worthwhile buying in players from the teams that are playing the double leg.

It's a good way of bumping up your points but you have to be on the ball (excuse the pun) and buy the right players. But it is essential to gain big points over the season!!

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

you people should pay more attention to the yahoo one and try to challenge myself or dustaz's leadership, its really much better than the premierleague.com one :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement