Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

fantasy Premier League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ive bought in 3 b'ham and 3 chelsea players costing me 28 points! hopefully i'll get them back tho, its a big gamble. as some of them mightnt play both games. i'll probably be kicking myself next week as itl cost me another 28 to get back my original side. so basically i have to score more than 58 points with these players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by richindub2
    you people should pay more attention to the yahoo one and try to challenge myself or dustaz's leadership, its really much better than the premierleague.com one :P

leave them to the easy league rich, we cant be beaten now. Its between me and you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by smemon
    ive bought in 3 b'ham and 3 chelsea players costing me 28 points! hopefully i'll get them back tho, its a big gamble. as some of them mightnt play both games. i'll probably be kicking myself next week as itl cost me another 28 to get back my original side. so basically i have to score more than 58 points with these players.
    The Chelsea -v- Birminham match is in this gameweek (gameweek 8) and the transfers don't come into affect til gameweek 9 so it looks like you have made a bad mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    up to 2nd :)

watch out The Other People 2

..but they'll have less in future week....or they've missed out in a week already gone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Badly Drunk Boy
    ..but they'll have less in future week....or they've missed out in a week already gone....

:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by Dustaz
    leave them to the easy league rich, we cant be beaten now. Its between me and you

ahh the more people the better like lee, i dont fancy my chances against your new CHEAT and CHEAT improved CHEAT team CHEAT like :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I can't believe how good half of my players did today but I got crap points. I won't say who scored as it will spoil it for people waiting to see the Premiership. My keeper kept a clean sheet, one midfielder got two assists, a midfielder got an assist and a goal and another midfielder got an assist. Also, two of my forwards scored. But, my two defenders didn't start, Duff didn't start and only one sub started and conceded three goals. So, I got a total of 1 clean sheet, 4 assists and 2 goals and I had my worst week in ages wih 45 points with no players left to play.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Coolz

Hi guys, I just joined your league today, i hope youse don't mind. Couple of names look familar :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Robbie Keane Hat-Trick Captain hee hoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Well done. Has he always been yer captain or did ye just snake him in this weekend? If so, good call dude.

Had Henry b4 but saw he was out injured ... choice between robbie and van nist .. chose robbie as thought he'd be up for it against wolves ... Anyone know why he did not celebrate the goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by LizardKing
    ... Anyone know why he did not celebrate the goals

I think it was out of respect as he used to play for Wolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Just joined the league, the Leftfooted Monkies is my team... midtable obscurity here I come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

whats the craic with the postponed games ?

Is there any allowance for those games ? Will they play theior "game week 17" another time ?

Grr have 2 birmingham players not scoring this week

There will be a gameweek in the future where these teams will play twice ...
    so keep an eye out for it ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Just joined there a few days ago.. must register for the boards.ie league! Im in the pigsback.com at the mo. ID - 108661

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

just made SIX mid season changes, try get myself up this league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

ok, i just joined.a bit late, i know.ah welll, lay the foundations for runaway success next yr.

Does anyone else think that Fantasy Football can be the most frustrating bloody thing ever ??? You're probably better off ignoring your squad, not doing any transfers unless a player is badly injured and keeping one player as your captain throughout. Practically all of my tinkerings recently have back-fired on me. It's the same every season, I must be too clever for my own good. Well that or I'm just a Fantasy Idiot !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Well I dunno 87 points for me this week...kick ass!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

just logged in for the first time in ages since i made a few changes... who have for the most part, been dreadful. how i'm still 3rd i dont know.

It's the same reason Liverpool are still 4th in the Prem....everyone below you (including me) is rubbish ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Well I finished in 17th, which kepts me happy seeing as I spent most of the season moping around the 30th position.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Finished 3rd which is where I was for pretty much the entire season, ah well at least I managed to keep playing until the end of the season this time!

I finished 8th overall. I'm pretty happy with that, considering the amount of bollicky transfers I made that backfired hideously. :)