Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eudora Sending Problem

Options
  • 05-08-2003 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

I have a recurring problem when sending mail with Eudora. When I click send it starts to send then I get the following error message:

RCPT to <recipients address> [time] can't send to" 'The server gives this reason: '553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts(#5.7.1)'

This generally happens when I'm sending to a Hotmail address, but has occurred once or twice on others as well. I find that if I disable Norton virus check on outgoing emails it sometimes allows the message to go, other times I have to shut down Eudora, close the connection & try again. Even this is not always successful.

Maybe it's just on days that begin with a 'T'..... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

What ISP are you dialled up to? and what outgoing mail server are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    What ISP are you dialled up to? and what outgoing mail server are you using?
    As Frank says, what ISP are you dialled into, because for example, you cannot send email from your eircom email address when you are dialled into Oceanfree or Elivefree ... you can however recieve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

I dial up Oceanfree & have an Eircom email account. Usually no problem sending & receiving this way. The problem only occurs intermittently but is very annoying!

Pop = mail1.eircom.net & smtp the same.

Win XP Home BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

If you're dialled up to Ocean and using an Eircom net address, you have to pop before sending.
    Are you using Eircom's mailserver to send with the Ocean address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

I dial up the Oceanfree number, set as my default connection. I then surf & mail me little heart out. My default mail is my eircom address & as I said I usually have no problem sending/receiving @eircom.net throught the Oceanfree connection. I don't have an Oceanfree address.:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement