Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying a shuttle barebones?

• 05-08-2003 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭

well whatever u do buy it from www.gemma.co.uk

got a s45g e70 cheaper than komplett incl vat and del

i ordered it at around 3pm on tuesday evening arrived in dublin 4pm thursday

im chuffed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

I have been thinking about it, purely as a means of getting a fairly well specced spare pc.
    Why do people generally buy them? I'd buy one with the intention of eventually incorporating it into a home cinema/entertainment set up.
    I wonder if there are lots out there second hand, which people bought out of curiosity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i doubt ull find too many s/h specially over here, people tend to love them once they get them

take the sn45 for example u get full vcore and multiplier adjustment and gteed to work at 200 fsb, ive a rad 9700 in mine and a tbred at 2.3+ its as fast as most peoples main pcs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Prices are good.. but the sites awfull ! How much did you pay for delivery ?

yeah the site is pretty bad took me ages to order!!!

delivery was £16 + vat, the whole price incl del is e70 cheaper than komplett incl del

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

That site is the worst i have ever seen for an online trader, can you actually order other components as well, i ordered mine from ocuk

Shuttle s45g

OCUK= €214.82
    komplett=€337.62
    Gemma = €248.6

Shuttle Bag
    OCUK = €27.7
    Komplett = €27.92
    Gemma - €19.8

AMD XP 2500 xp (barton)
    OCUK - €85.3
    Komplett - €98.7
    Gemma - no 2500`s - xp2600 = €95.9 (not really compairable to a 2500 tho)

Shipping
    OCUK = €31.2
    Komplett = around €16 for that kit
    Gemma = according to Cyrus = €22.7(£16stg)

Totals(inc vat)
    OCUK - €420.9
    Komplett - €480
    Gemma - €387 * 21% vat = €468.2

Now i`ve probably done the Gemma calculations wrong as i done them by hand as the shopping basket doesnt really work.

Feel free to correct any miscalculations i made.

• Advertisement

your a bit off, the shuttle at ocuk is £177, its the same price at gemma (altho i think it may be out of stock)

so that makes it the same price at both and shipping is e10 cheaper, added to that the customer service at ocuk is terrible if u need to return anything!!

I`m working from the invoice i got from ocuk, and converting into euro`s,

> AMD Athlon "Barton" XP2500+ 1 £59.95 £59.95
    > 333FSB (Socket A) CPU - OEM
    > (CP-039-AM)
    >
    > Shuttle Spacewalker XPC SN45G 1 £151.20 £151.20
    > nForce2 Ultra 400 Aluminium
    > Barebones System (FS-020-SH)
    >
    > Shuttle Spacewalker XPC Carry 1 £19.50 £19.50
    > Bag (CA-000-SH)
    > ======================================================================
    > Subtotal: £230.65
    > Shipping (Parcelforce Euro 48): £22.00
    > VAT: £44.21
    > Total: £296.86

£296.86 = €420.9

And for the same items from komplett:
    1.00 Pcs 118983 Shuttle SN45G Barebone PC Socket A
    nForce2, LYD, AGP, IEEE1394, USB2.0
    Delivery Date: 2003-07-28
    Subtotal: EUR 275.66 ex. VAT, EUR 333.55 inc. VAT

1.00 Pcs 115489 Shuttle Carry Bag
    For: XPC-serien
    Subtotal: EUR 22.80 ex. VAT, EUR 27.59 inc. VAT

1.00 Pcs 116244 AMD Athlon XP2500+ 1.833 GHz 333 MHz bus
    Socket A (Barton) processor, 512 kb. OEM
    Subtotal: EUR 83.79 ex. VAT, EUR 101.39 inc. VAT

Goods ex. VAT EUR 382.25
    VAT EUR 80.27
    Goods inc. VAT EUR 462.52

Total ex. VAT EUR 396.01
    VAT EUR 83.16
    Total inc. VAT EUR 479.17

I ordered a very similar setup from ocuk last week.. But there f**king me around with the shipping. Its been sitting in belfast for the last week, and neither parcelforce or ocuk want to take responsibility for it :rolleyes:

I was gonna order from that gemma place but there out of stock of the 45 now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

OcUK are very bad with Irish shipping. Very bad. I haven't ordered from them in a long long time because they haven't sorted their act out. Everything gets stuck in the UK for at least a week.

Gemma's site looks really unprofessional tbh, but I don't know what their service is like personally so they might be okay.

I love my shuttle, wouldn't give it up for the world. I'm going to try and finish the mods on it this weekend and post up some pics.

• Advertisement

I too have been ****ed around, you could try www.tekheads.co.uk, i would have ordered from there except they didn`t have bartons in stock.

doesnt really matter but if u look at the sn45 on the ocuk website baz its £151 + vat of 26 so its the same price as gemma but more expensive shipping, the rest of the stuff i cant comment on as i just bought the unit

No worries Cyrus, just when i`m buying stuff i tend to order a couple of things, eh a shuttel + cpu + bag, or cpu+ram, that kinda thing, instead of having multiple deliverys.

Gemma is a good price, but its a prick of a webby to order components.

Tekheads dont have me hard drive in stock.. No Winning :)
    Prices are good though, so ill probably just order from them.

Shame komplett are so expensive for the shuttles, They lose out on everything else I was gonna impulse buy from them now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I had no problems with ocuk it took them 3 days to send me my 9800. Same with the last stuff i got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

You, Cyrus, have cost me a packet! Saw your post and followed the link and I must say the prices looked good, especially compared to Komplett et al. Spent some time reading up on Shuttles and had to have one.
    Agreed with the comments about the Gemma site, it looks like a cheap flyer handed out on the street. I ended up ordering from overclockers.co.uk for the simple reason that I would have to give up one of my 5.5" drives so decided on a nice Samsung combo drive to do both jobs and a silent fan. Shipping cost is more palatable with three items on the way.
    Only question now is whether my shipping will be like Babyeater's or Koneko's. Anybody else got an opinion on the service? It was stated on the site as Parcelforce 2 day service and with the miracle of tracking I know it got as far as Stoke by 7.30 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The last few times I ordered from them it was the same. Stuck in the UK. Nothing worse than waiting for hardware :(

Admittedly it was months ago last time we ordered from them, because we got sick of their lousy shipping policies. They're not particularly helpful either when they find out you're not in the UK.
    Hopefully they've improved since, but I wouldn't count on it.

Ordered my shuttle friday, got it tuesday. Lovely, better than komplett imo, as komplett have screwed me over twice.

I reordered mine from ocuk on friday. My stuffed arrived today, shuttles perfect but the dvd drive I got it is dead.
    Now I get to find out what there like for returns.. great. :(

Love the shuttle though :D worth every penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

My Shuttle and DVD/CDRW arrived this morning. It's now up and running and I love it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement