Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drummer/bassist/Guitarist looking for a band.....

• 05-08-2003 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Right, here's the deal...

I'm lookin for a band in the Dublin area (don't care where, as I've got studio time in the city centre already set up!)

I've recently been lookin to get in somewhere as a drummer (of about 5/6yrs exp.) but I've been playing bass and guitar (seriously!) for over 6yrs also, so I thought I'd give them a go as well (I've been in a few bands playing one or the other over the last 4yrs)

I'd like to get into something along the lines of SoundGarden, G 'n'R, Black Crows, (just cause I've been listening to a lot of that stuff lately...) but I ain't fussy.....

I'm sick to death of people getting in touch and then failing to come through on getting things off the ground, so please, only get in touch if you're serious.....!!!!

I'd be available for jammin sessions any evenings or weekends...

Ya can get me at.......

half_dead_2003@hotmail.com

Cheers....

HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

I sent you an email earlier today ,you sound very determined.
    Which instrument do you play best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

I wouldn't say I'm better at one instrument over another but I am more experienced on Bass and Drums (just cause there's never been a problem getting a guitarist for a band!)

.....and yeah, I am determined!!!!

HD

Well my band is looking for a drummer real bad. Theres 3 members, bass, lead guitar and singer/guitar.
    If you're interested you can find out more about the badn on www.the-licks.com
    You can leave a message on the board or an email at thelicks2003@yahoo.com
    thanks

Hey Gibson,

I had a listen to those songs on your site! Not really my thing as far as what I'm used to playing on drums....

But that's not to say I wouldn't be up for a jam (at least!)

Where do ya's practice? When would ya wanna have a jam session? Can ya give me more info about ya's?

Cheers,

HD

I'll send you an email and that will cover everything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

yo half dead
    i am getting a project together, i saw your ads but i thought u were into other stuff. I have a guitarist, singer and almost a bass player. I'm trying to do up some stuff on the pc for the last week or so and I'll probably have some stuff for you to listen to in the next few days. so I'll send u a mail maybe with the tunes. We're all very experienced and want to work seriously on getting a serious outfit together. The band is around 20-25 years old.
    anyway...

Cool, man, just let me know what/when/where/who..... all the usual:cool:

By the way, wat kinda stuff ya into yerself (not that it really matters, I'm just curious!)

HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I 100% recommend curadh as a singer, good luck half_dead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

Thanks for the vote Giblet. When are Sleeves gonna get a website?!
    Personally half dead I'm into gnr motley crue buckcherry iron maiden acdc soil and more recently stp. i'm looking to do something along the lines of a mixture of stp and josh todds new stuff. - www.joshtodd.com, watch out website takes ages but if u can download a clip called blast. I write songs and so do others in the band but thats the direction of my songwriting at the mo anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Working on getting hosting, but it looks great. Different to say the least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement