Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ntl = the dumbest people i had business with

Options
  • 05-08-2003 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

now tell, how not to go mad, i'm moving to tallaght, so i decided to find a place where ntl is available, i found one house in advert, i rang ntl asked if their internet is available on that street, the dumbass tells me yea it is! i'm like great! i finally, normal place, internet available! today i ring to confirm, the other dumbass says, they are not available there, now tell me aren't they idiots? those people deserve to be fired! they don't know their profession at all! if i could only complain to some authorities

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

You'll find its the same with Eircom. Passing you one day, failing you the next. Its not just NTL but i do agree with you. I'd wish they'd sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

it's very hard situation man, that man is waiting for me, and i don't know the answer, what if a move and the second jerk comes out right and there is no ntl there. ntl should sort this out instead of scratching their balls whole day

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Where in Tallaght are you moving to? most of Tallagt if not all can recieve NTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

this makes me wonder is ntl available to me? I live in clondalkin d22 and on the web site it says parts of d22 are covered. I am at newslands cross. Anybody know which parts of d22 are covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

I have NTL. I rang up and they said that it wasn't available in my area. Even though on the bill that is sent out says that it is available on my street.

Anyway I get a salesman friend of mine in NTL to have a look and he says it is available.

The monkeys on the phone wouldnt know a computer if it fell on them they are plebs and have had many run ins with them over the phone. It kind of gets to a stage where you want to ask for a job so that you can know that customers are actually getting the right information

Cyber where in Talla is it cause definately the part streaching down towards the square and Basketball arena has it.

• Advertisement

vishal don't count on it dude! i lived in clondalkin for 2 years, and for 2 years this suckers were telling in "4 month in 4 month"

i wanna move to St. Maelruans park, it's near tallaght square

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Most parts of Old Bawn, Aylesbury, Watergate, Tymon North, Glenview, Balrothery, Belgard have NTL broadband. Dont know about St. Maelruains. Also after numerous battles with NTL, NTL say even though one side of a street can have access, the other side may not. I live in Old Bawn, and spent 3 months trying to get Broadband off them and was told the above. I eventually gave up and went with netsource.

so if ntl fails netsource is in tallaght? isn't ISP supposed to be happy to get a customer, they should be ringing you and offering you stuff, not you fighting to get something you pay for, damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Yeh Tallaght exchange is enabled for all forms of RADSL from Netsource, Eircom, UTV and IOL. Also possible to ADSL from eircom, with netsource reselling the eircom product as well. Also Esat have their own business DSL as Tallaght is one of the 40 exchanges Esat have their own equipment in. And finally theres also the wireless option with Irish Broadband.

Man! ISPs love tallaght!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

reason being, people in tallaght don't really care about what developments happen in their area, or for being for tests.
    while the people out in foxrock and knocklion don't allow anything to be done/touched to their house - look at them now complaining :)

Lenny, how the hell do you do that trick with your sig?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Its a trick, they aren't ment to be told :p

Look at the feedback/sujjestions, theres a topic there about 2 months back about it, you'll know them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

php is so 2002 :)

tell me my screen resolution and available memory and then I'll be impressed :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Back on topic, take everything you are told from someone in a call centre with a pinch of salt. Answering phones all day and talking to members of the public is a really crappy job (most ppl who have do it think so anyway) so these places usually have very high staff turnovers. There's a good chance that the person who you're talking to has only a couple of weeks experience and is guessing at some of the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by CyberGhost
    for 2 years this suckers were telling in "4 month in 4 month"
    It's something of a mantra on the NTL enquiries line. From postings on the IOFFL forum, they never mean it.

Advertisement