Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driver_irq_not_less_or_equal

Options
  • 05-08-2003 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

HELP!

For no aparent reason my Win2k Dell Lattitude has started to Blue screen intermitantly with the following stop error
    "driver_irq_not_less_or_equal"

I haven't installed any new hardware or software in over 6/7 months. I use MS office and IE and Outlook mainly on it, no games.

Anybody got any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭retneil

should be a driver filename listed in the message somewhere check the entire message and that is where your problem is..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

sound like there are two devices sharing an IRQ (which is normally fine, depending on the device) that don't like each other. Generally this happens when two devices request an Interrupt from the processor at the same time, they scrap a little and the system doesn't know which device to give the interrupt to.
    You could find out which devices are sharing IRQ's (goto start, programs, accessories, system tools, system information and click on Conflicts/Sharing)
    You'll see a good fw things sharing IRQ's and it is difficult to see which device is causing the problem. the blue screen may give you this information. Sound cards are often the problem.
    You may need to change the IRQ of a device to free one. This can be trickier than it sounds. If the BIOS is set to allow the Operating System to manage system resources, then it the OS may not allow you to change the setting manually. Sometimes you need to change the IRQ in the BIOS itself.
    Hope this help somewhat.

Regards,

kananga

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

anytime i have seen that error

the problem was faulty memory

thats after hours of trial by error and elimination testing

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

I downloaded a memory tester and it seems you guys may be right. I'm gonna swap out the memory for other memory I have and see if it makes any difference. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I've seen similar errors that were also solved by replacing memory, it could have something to do with your memory timings or AGP settings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement