Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5100, 7250 or sharp GX10i?

• 05-08-2003 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

want to get a new fone just wondering if anyone has any of these? 5100 would be my 1st choice, it does everything i call it the 'james bond' fone. nokia say its 'bomb proof', built like a tank.

7250 is smart, elegant and reliable, a bit pricey though. 500euro sim free. (dont want bill fone). also a newer version out 7250i.

GX10i seems a cool fone, but its a sharp! i'd miss those formiliar nokia functions. however it was worth getting i'd get it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

The GX10i is a nice enough phone to use, but the fact that you can't connect it up to your pc to upload/download pics, games etc limits its usefulness

The camera is only average compared to the Nokia camera phones.

That's my tuppence worth anyway ...

XDA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I personally dislike the three phones. The 7250 it a big dissappointment, the GX10 is evil and the other one is for girls :D

On a more serious note, the 7250 out of them all. Picture quality is quite more though in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    and the other one is for girls :D

Feck off :p

I've the 5100, and it is great. Do a Google for reviews, and the only real complaint that anyone has about it, is that the power button is a bit of a bugger to use.

It doesn't have a camera either, but an attachment can be got apparently. It also comes with headphones (with built in handsfree mic) for the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Also, if you're on Vodafone you can buy the Speakeasy 5100 from O2 and get it unlocked instantly for free here. Buy it as an upgrade and flog the credit :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I'd say get the Sony t610.. It has a good big colour screen, its pretty small, has a cool design, bluetooth, IR, 32 polyphonic, builtin camera, email client, mophun and java support, themes, etc.. Dare to not buy nokia! and you can get them for €350 sim free. I have one on order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I was only winding you up. It looks like a fairly well featured phone alright, just dont like the look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

yeah i hear alot about d T610.

i like the 5100. yeah, hard buttons only con it seems. built in flashlite, should be handy. DCT4 calculator i have, shops charge like 15euro for that when we can get it on the net for free!

i'll price around and see if anything better's comming out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

I'd give a thumb up for the SE T610 as well due to the fair price what you would get with it. The only problem is the limited memory it has.

Advertisement