Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Speed Access Southside

Options
  • 05-08-2003 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi All,

I expect this is the best place to ask this question . What fast net connection options exist for blackrock , booterstown , monkstown area? Anyone located in these area's if so what, whom are they using, price and speed specifications..

thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Hey,

There's a sticky at the top of this forum that lists all the broadband options available. Looking at the areas you have listed, you are probably just out of LOS for Leap, IrishBroadband and WISP [All wireless ISPs] However, I would advise you to avoid Irish Broadband like the black plague, mainly because it's crap. Leap is too expensive for a residential package, and I haven't heard much about WISP.

Your best options are probably calling Eircom, Netsource, IOL or UTV. All these companies offer ADSL of some sort. Only Netsource is uncapped however, and they charge an extra €12.10 per month for a domain name [Which is a complete rip off].

You can check to see if your line is suitable for Broadband here. This is not a guarantee that you can get it, but it's about the best indicator there is, as eircom don't seem to even know themselves if your line passes the test. Most of the other Broadband suppliers work off the Eircom database (since it's eircoms product that they are reselling).

Anyway, check the sticky at the top of this forum to see website and contact details for the companies listed.

Serb

Advertisement