Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwave Pizza?

• 05-08-2003 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

Does anyone use their microwave to cook pizza? I have a whirlpool one that has a grill in the top and a metal plate for crisping the pizza base. It works really well - nice crispy pizza in 7 mins from frozen.

I need to buy a new microwave, but would like the same functionality. Can anyone suggest a good one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

thats sounds pretty good. I sued to use my microwave to cook pizza but it wouldn't cook it properly(not nice and crispy), and didn't hav that metal plate thing u were talking about. Yur one sounds good. How much was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Aragorn

It was quiet expensive at the time. I cant remember how much it cost in punts.

Its a Whirlpool. They have a range of micros with "Crisp" option. but the cheapest one is €260. Microwaves range from about €80 to €350 these days.

Just wondering if anyone uses another brand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The last time I tried microwaving a pizza, I ended up bashing it against the table to break it up into bite sized pieces. I find they tend to taste different from the microwave anyway, I much prefer oven cooking them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I haven't microwaved pizza in years. I always use the oven now. It's probably because aaaages ago I left a mini-pizza in the microwave for too long and it just kind of shrunk. It went really thin, the topping's disintigrated, the bottom of it went very brown and it tasted like leather, as far as I remember.

I ate it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Neo-
    I haven't microwaved pizza in years. I always use the oven now. It's probably because aaaages ago I left a mini-pizza in the microwave for too long and it just kind of shrunk. It went really thin, the topping's disintigrated, the bottom of it went very brown and it tasted like leather, as far as I remember.

I ate it anyway.

lol:D

I haven't similar experiences with microwave pizza so i just stuck to oven my pizzas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Those Mozzerella pizzas you can get in Lidl are the daddies. Tasty and cheap. Ten minutes in the oven. Oh yes.

Advertisement