Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you clean this?

• 05-08-2003 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

LaptopDamageSmall.jpgClick for larger image (23Kb)

This is my laptop.

As you can see, the front section of it, to the left and right of the mouse pad, has been damaged through wear and tear from me resting my wrists on it.

Can anyone suggest a good method of cleaning it up so that it looks (somewhat) like new? I'd like to be able to remove the dark patches at least.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 the_funkyguy

not sure (so try lightly :) ) but nail polish remover(got a chemical name, don't know it :D ) is very strong at removing loads of gunk. that or invest in 'Son of a Gun' specially for plastics, found in garages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

If its just dirt some kind of alcohol based thing should do the trick. But if its worn down through the plastic you may have to spray it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It's not dirt, it's more like a bruising on the casing which is obviously caused by my wrists as I guess that's where I'd normally lean while typing. I just thought there might be some sort of solution, - possibly alcohol based, that might help clean it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by the_funkyguy
    not sure (so try lightly :) ) but nail polish remover(got a chemical name, don't know it :D ) is very strong at removing loads of gunk. that or invest in 'Son of a Gun' specially for plastics, found in garages

i think the name your looking for is acetone

Advertisement