Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...Which is closer to being right??!

Options
  • 05-08-2003 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

According to DU Meter, i've downloaded about 600 mb of data since 3rd august,

however, according to esats stats page...

Logins 21
    Offpeak Traffic 1207 minutes
    Peak Traffic 0 minutes
    Data uploaded 0.04 GB [47834880 bytes]
    Data downloaded 0.30 GB [317635755 bytes]

- Which should i guide myself on for the 5 gig limit? I mean if esats is correct i'm loving it, cuz its always losing ground on DU Meter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Well if Esat's is consistent then go by theirs. After all, they're the ones who'll be charging you..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

from a purely legal point of view go with esats, and keep a record of what it says. then if they over charge you tell them to suck your balls as you pull out a big file saying 'f'uck esat' on it with pictures and records of their meter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

obviously go with esats as they are the ones that will be charging you.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Esat says 300MB, DUMeter says 600MB.

DUMeter is counting everything twice, so go into Options and set "Network Interface to monitor" to "Dial-up only"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Hmmm... You could be right plazz as it says All interfaces are being monitored, but i dont have a dial up only option...

1. All interfaces
    2. PPP Adapter
    3. F5D5000 Pci Card (NIC)
    4. Alcadel ADSL LAN Adapter Driver
    5. ICSHARE Adapter

(the ICSHARE and NIC are not in use yet, its set up for when i can afford a crossover cable and hook up my PS2 online - Yes, i know, i'm poor! i know crossover cables are cheap!)

anyone got any ideas on which to set to be monitored?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Im guessing its the PPP one, this stands for Point to Point Protocal which is what's used by ADSL This is just a guestimate tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Just a quick question for all you DU Meter experts !

I have mine set to record traffic on "Dial-up connections only". In the drop down menu, there is an option to choose to "Zyxel 630 ADSL Modem RFC1483" or something.....

My question is should I leave it set to dial-up connections or should I set it to monitor the modem. It would make sense to have it monitor the modem, but from previous posts in here, a few have said to set it to dial-up connections.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

just go with what esat tell you and take a screenshot before the end of the month reset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

you should have it monitoring the interface that connects you to your broadband only. Be it ethernet, cable modem, or 56k...

But if you use that device for lan access aswell (e.g. ethernet used for both internet and lan) then you'll have to daisable dumeter each time you switch to lan usage, as it'll count that aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Thanks for the reply. I've set it to monitor my DSL modem activity. I've no LAN or anything, and it appears to be working fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement