Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM4 CPU Usage?

Options
  • 05-08-2003 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there's any reason why CM uses 100% of the CPU when the game is idle? On the Menu screen at the start it's at 100%, but when you're actually loading a game is drops to ~10%? Then all the way through a game, once you've loaded it, the CPU stays constant at 99-100%.

Surely that doesn't make sense? What is it doing that needs 100% when it's idle?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Snowman

Can't play it because of that I think.

Not only does the cpu usage raise cpu temperature much more than any other game, but my comp turns off automatically after awhile if cpu usage remains at 100%.

Seriously can't be good for your cpu chip

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

If ur machine is switching off after some 100% cpu usage, you`ll have to look at the vcore rating in your bios.

All newish games max out the cpu

well, could someone explain why cm4 requires 100% cpu usage whilst seemingly doing nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Most games take up 100% of the cpu, now if u run winamp or some app at the same time they will take a small chink of the cpu as well. It doesnt make sense for CM4 to take 75% while leaving 25 idle now does it, so i uses 100% until another app requires some cpu time.

logical eh

err, when the cpu us being used at full capacity, I expect something to be happening. CM4 has such a large database that when you 'continue' through the game then okay, it'll use all the cpu power that's available.

Now when nothing is happening, say when it's idling in the news screen, it is not logical for it to use 100% of the cpu

Somethings obviously happening, say a very fast loop that's ready to accept commands. Anyone know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement