Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infrared me arse!!

• 05-08-2003 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

A quick question!!....has anyone ever managed to successfully setup the infrared connection between 2 computers????.....It sounds great in theory but i've never managed to get it working...if someone has successfully got it going can ya tell me how to successfully get it up and running!!......regards.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

I have it working no problem. Don't use it that regularly though because of the line of sight issue. If you're having problems, are you sure that the IR port is enabled in your BIOS? If it is they should find each other straight away. (By the way, I'm talking about a simple Win 2000 setup on both PCs, I know SFA about Linux, or getting disparate OSs to talk to each other over IR etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

never had anyprobs either, regardless of OS. It is frickin slow though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

yeah, got it working between PC's (both win2000), connected to cameras and phones no probs either ... just takes some f*cking around with the options ... and like dod says, make sure it is properly enabled in the bios

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 greystreeks

I tried but was unsuccessful My computer (Betty)recognised the other computer (Mark) but when we tried to transfer a file it would crash. I was using a XpPro. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

There's two IRDA standards IRCOMM and IROBEX you need to make sure the computers you are trying to connect are using the same OS AFAIK. I've had problems myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Tell Betty I was asking for her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Also make sure that the IR services are switched on in Services.

Advertisement