Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on qw : qwgl or qw software?

Options
  • 12-03-1999 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭

ok, think i've sorted out a config in qw to my liking that suits my style (or currently lack of style) of play. however my biggest problem is actually SEEING other players. I have a habit of just not spotting an enemy in my fov as quick as i can in q2.

why? no silly season "cause q1 is faster" because the way i've qw & q2 setup the movement speed is the same in both, only diff is rocket speed n weapon switching.

i've seen von i think post about using software rather than gl. is this just for fps or for other reasons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

How?

smile.gif

Hail To The King, baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Well,

For the last few years I've been using software quake. I got GL quake and tried it. I didnt like it at all as I couldnt distingish between the lovely grafix and the players.

Recently, I got a new pc I changed over to GL Quake and I also figured out a way to have no textures and all items black, but players are full colored and textured which makes seeing people really easy to hit/see.

I accidentially ran software quake one nite and I found I just could not play with it. Nor could I see anything at all!

From my experience, I would simply say, It depends what you prefere or get used to.

I prefere gl now. So go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

I've tried GL a few times and it seems smoother but I could hardly tell when I was being hit. So back to software and viewsize 70, all the mips and bright skins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

BoN u gotta get fullbright skins and use a proxy, cheapo 2.6 is the newest version http://www.sci.fi/~softech . With this you will be able to set what teams has what skins, so u can have the opposing team as fullbright and ure own team as base or whatever u want it to be. Just ask anyone for a fullbright skin on irc or make it yourself by painting white all over a base.pcx. I think there is a lot more tweaking to be done in Quake1, so maybe get someones quake1 config and get stuff from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

jaden, ask me on irc for fullbrights, and ill dcc you. its only 10k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

ta scarab but i'm only playin it for fun, not going to go the whole proxy hog. slosh kindly slipped me his config. might try software for a bit tonite.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

**** yes, VON.

why is it with gl quake u don't FEEL being hit.

ALl of us down this neak of the woods have givin it a whirl but it doesn't FEEEEEEL right. It's fukking UGH. U run into a ruckas, boom, boom, run out, 5 health, and u havnt even felt a thing. It's a loada fukking ****e!

I thought there was something wrong at first, but no, there's no soultion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

use fullbrights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Err there is a solution!

Dont turn of GL_FLASH_BLEND. I know that makes pent and quad glow and some other stuff, but if you turn it off you cant tell when your being bashed... leave it on. Turn everything else off.

Advertisement