Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't make repeats...

• 05-08-2003 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭

Right im going on holiday on 1st september, my maths exam is repeated on the 2nd.
    I dont suppose i have any options here (apart from skip holiday..again , which tbh i think i'd prefer to repeat year)

BAH i kept whole of august clear cos i was under impression repeats would be then. Last time i let my impressions guide me (tho i always say that ;) )

College is DIT in Kevin Sreet. Computer Science Course.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I doubt very much they will sort you out with any special consideration if its a holiday :)

Best get a better excuse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Even with a great excuse, I'd say the best they'd give you is a retry next year for that exam instead of repeating everything.

Have you any other repeats to do? If you pass them can you get compensation for maths? Don't know about DIT, but in DCU if you only fail one subject you can compensate for that subject with marks from another subject that you did well in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

i gotta do an assessment which i can apaprently do early.
    I wasn't expecting any solutions really apart from maybe get a later flight to my holiday. (gonna look into that)

Just a question for people in DIT.
    If i were to repeat the year could i just repeat the subjects i failed? This wouldnt be so bad as it would kind of give me a year off (apart from the x hours a week for the repeating subjects and would allow me to work) or would i have to repeat the whole course and all the exams again? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

From past experience in Bolton St, yes you can just repeat a single exam, and take the year doing it.

Having said that it would seem like a HUGE waste of time if you do because you couldn't be arsed, because you HAD to go on holiday.

"Year of your life" Vs "delayed holiday"

As an aside if I was in some way parentally responsible for you and I found out that you weren't even going to do the exam I'd kick your A** - but that's just me:)

Hehe Borzoi yer i know its stupid but i really been looking forward to this since christmas and made sure it was in September so it would avoid the repeats so im fairly pissed off (with myself and DIT) that its the day after im going away.

Gonna go down to Budget Travel today and see if they can stick me on a later flight. Probably my only hope, will prob cost me a fortune tho :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Lol tbh if you cant pass 1st year exams you havent much hope left at all.. even Darragh passed (the big lazy guy).. come on if Darragh can pass anyone can.. btw is your name Aj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

sorry, looks like your doomed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

As long as you`re not going to corfu, i say follow your knob.

Never steers you wrong.

I`m sure its possible to do the exam 1st sep, and then fly out next day, you`ll have to lie like a **** but thats no problem i`m sure.

Possible Excuses :

Grandmothers Funeral / anniversary - bring picture of old woman when explaining this.

anyone to add to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 greystreeks

B-K-DzR,

I missed a repeat when I was in college due to having Glandular Fever and I had Dr. Certs and a Cert from the Hospital and they tried to stop me from going back. They cover themselves leagally by giving you the oppertunity to resit the exam in the summer. I had to meet the head of department, and be interviewed by the Bord of management and I got back in October of 2002. So it is tough even when you have certs to prove that you were ill. Sorry to say if you miss your exam by going on a holiday sorry mate you wont be going back for another year.

rgs,
    greystreeks

Lol tbh if you cant pass 1st year exams you havent much hope left at all.. even Darragh passed (the big lazy guy).. come on if Darragh can pass anyone can.. btw is your name Aj
    No not AJ hehe. Reason i failed is cos i never showed up tbh. (i know ****ing stupid and missed first maths open book test)

Everything else i passed easily enough. Im just ****e at Maths.

I'm already looking for a way to get to Zakynthos after the exam. (i kinda got over my initial feelings)
    So far my only option is a 2 way ticket only 1 of which ill use. Will have to see more tomorrow.

Hehe kinda hard to say theres a funeral in a month. Ive already contacted course co-ordinator and am waiting on a reply from him.
    I'm sure he can give it too me straight (as long as i sift through the waffle a bit ;) )

greystreaks: cos u missed the exam they wouldn't (almost) even let you repeat the year??? That would be a shocker :eek:

Your fairly single minded aint ya Bazh? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement