Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mini disc

Options
  • 05-08-2003 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello all

Two quick questions from a complete minidsic/music know nothing at all person...

I have a Sony Mini disc MZ-R900 which I use to record interviews for research. This I can do and have done - no problem.

Question one what to I need to buy to transfer my cassete taped interviews onto mini disc (its a handheld cassette recorder) - the name of the cable and where I might buy one in Dublin????

Q 2.....Can I transfer my minidiscs onto cassette? For the transcribing machine? Do I need a different cable for this and what is it called.

Many thanks in advance

Suzy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

yes to both. the simplest (& probebly cheapest) way of doing both is to get a 3.5 inch to 3.5 inch audio cable. Any electrical shop should know what you want & it won't cost more than a few quid.

As simple as connecting the cable from the headphone or lineout socket on the source to the mic or line-in socket on the destination. You'll need to fiddle around with the volume to get it right.

You could use the optical in on your minidisc recorder (assuming your casette player has optical out which it probably doesn't) but unless perfect audio quality is important to you it's not worth the hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Suzybie

Thanks Sceptre, be happy in the knowledge that you are advancing my little bit towards social science in your reply!!!

Suzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

Great answer sceptre, just a link to a very useful link for all minidisc questions - minidisc.org

Advertisement