Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's gone for a year

Options
  • 05-08-2003 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I was just wondering what everyone misses the most about CTYI.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

the rez
    the common rooms
    unlimited access to art supplies
    kate!
    the quad
    italian people (ehhh...no)
    the plastic cup telephone we had between our room and elaine's room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

I miss the quad. Not the food. I miss having my own fridge. Well, I only had to share it with one person. Actually, she didn't use it at all.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I miss NOTHING. Except for the 3 in the mornings. Those kind of 3 in the mornings can never be equalled when you share a room with the 2 best roommates ever.

hehehe... that is SO not what i remember you saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I miss

1. My girlfriend Cat (who is now 5 timezones away)

2. The random hugs

3. Snapple

4. Sitting on the grass, doing nothing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I miss not feeling so old. <sigh>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

i miss my naivety. i miss being young enough to get into CTYI so i could forget everything that wasnt of vital importance (i.e. girrrrrls, friends, and girlfriends)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Random hugs.
    The slightly more frequent hugs I got when people found out I was going early.
    The people.
    2am chats with my roommate, due to still being hyper on anything caffeinated I could get in my system.
    JOLT.
    Everything about the place.
    The bitterness I felt at being cheated out of the last week and the last 2 discoes.
    But at least I'll be back, unlike too many others I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

The whole lack of social rules, the lack of scumbags, and the endless amounts of friendly people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Friendly people with similar interests. Having something to do all day. Countless humorous incidents. Interesting conversations. Jolt(I can't find it anywhere. NEED JOLT.).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

heh, scarlett get a bunch into town next saturday and i'll show yez where to get jolt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Waking up in the presence of friends and spending the day's with people you love :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

o_O

This is a valid comment.

A

One other thing I miss out of humour:

One night Macdara and I were REALLY bored and we launched into a conversation about the clitoris (girly giggle). Anyway, I was debating it's existence in the spirit of Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back and he was telling me where it was and got me royally confuzzled. SO from then afterwards I went on a spree of related jokes like when we were in the cafeteria and I'd shout "I can't find it here" or something akin to that. I think the funniest was when we were at the student RA games in the park and I said "Hey!! You said I'd find it in some kinda pitch! LIES!!!"

In retrospect, that's not actually funny at all. Sorry for wasting your time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I remember asking Rory to help us find it one RA meeting.. :D

"Mummy, why don't I have a clitoris? :( "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I remember MacDara and Garóg asking me if they could borrow my clitoris while we were filling out that questionnaire. As you can probably guess, I refused their request. But I did find their honesty about their innocence endearing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I don't even know where to start!!

I've learnt not to dwell on the "what I miss" etc cause sooner or later we've all gotta face the cruel harsh world and yes oh yes it is cruel and harsh... But memories are great. I Love just out of the blue remembering something totally weird, wacky and funny.

The best thing to do is meet up with people. Reunions are good but make sure you never let go of your closest of friends. No matter how far away they live. You can make some of the bestest friends of your life in the little short time that is CTYI but they'll stick with you if you stick with them!

Me thinks I'm rambling. I should stop being so absolutely wrecked tired and writing posts on boards!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

what i'll miss:

having a room to myself to what i wanted with.
    lack of parents.
    going into macdara's room at half eight to find him half naked in bed, and his surprise as to how i got in. their door was ****ed, so it wouldnt close, leading to the trice daily sentence of "how the **** did you get in?!"..*AHEM*..
    listneing to garog and macdara shouting "foook you!!" at three in the morning from the room next to me.
    imitating the guy from behemoth during class.
    our t.a. fio.
    .erm...this will take too long so ill just say "EVERYTHING!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alucard

i miss:

-my dcu induced insomnia

-being able to make smart jokes

-rory.....................sigh

-your ma

-the food.................EH..............NO.

-Saying EH...............NO all the time and then those foolish people thought it was funny and tried to copy me.

Remember insta-goth james trying to say:

"stick it up your hole, ya mosher"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

I miss:
    -my room, ana's room, the kitchen, but not the bathroom cos our lights went and we couldn't have showers
    -the quad
    -sitting on the grass talking
    -the people
    -wearing inside clothes and an apron and not being called a freak because of it
    -singing during the art classes
    -good music at discos for a change
    -walking back to res after discos/other weekend stuff
    -going into elaine and aislings room at 12
    -absolutely everything else, just not quite as much as what i've already said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PurplePainter

Erm.. I miss... :
    Singing "buttercup" In art class at the top of our voices
    Painting
    As kate and Ana said- The art supplies!
    The wonderful people...
    Being hugged all the time and feeling loved
    The discos and the crazy dancing
    Watching My class stalk Rory! (sorry girls! lol )
    Ultan's Justin Impressions
    Emma's Dancing (phoar! Eh guys? *wink*)
    TANGOING! *mad dance with Matthew B and Odhran*
    Playing wit teaspoon *awwwww*
    Looking at Colins Eyes (mainly to freak him out)
    Capture the flagggg!
    Crazy lizzie teachin us Mtg!
    All my fabulous R.A Group!
    Drawing baboons! (black Apes terence! black apes!)
    CAPRI SUNS! (Olé to the ticklish!)
    -Matthew- (it speaks for itself! :*)

Ohhh and every time I see mini breadrolls I feel like crying.....
    JOLT COLA (Even though it tasted manky.. hey ho..)

Ohh and having Emma in My bed..... *MWAH*
    :p Ok.. now I have loads more but I'd take up a whole page so I wont bother..........
    Love ye all!

Originally posted by twirly sponge
    I miss:
    -my room, ana's room, the kitchen, but not the bathroom cos our lights went and we couldn't have showers

i still feel guiltly about kind of being responsible for the lights incident. andnow i get so scared whenever i have to pull a light switch, incase it explodes again.

Yes. Your light broke. Our doorknob fell off. You couldnt close the door, or otherwise you couldn't get back in. I kept it and it's sitting in my room. Also, our toilet flusher broke off. We couldn't flush it without considerable difficulty. So BAH. And Rory didn't care. And ALSO, we didn't have enough power to run all of our appliances simultaneously. I mean, COME ON PEOPLE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭malecO

I'll most definitely miss:
    -my room
    -the people
    -the broken bongos
    -jamming
    -the strangely "good" discos
    -the canteen food
    -the grass
    -and, lots and lots of other stuff which I can't think of right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 So-on

Ahem...I miss -

- the smell of the whole place
    - the quad
    - long hours of doing nothing on weekends and slowly harvesting the grass in the quad
    - the kitchen
    - toasted waffles (hmmm...midnight waffles...)
    - foosball tournies
    - PIGGYBACK WARS!!!
    - knowing that anyone at anytime could be a potential hug-rapist
    - the canteen (i'm sorry - i'll eat anything, and even though that reconstituted cardboard may have nearly killed me, it's still just food to me....)
    - RA meetings - that cherished time of day when we tortured Richie beyond all measure. Oh wait, that was ALL day...
    - class
    - potnoodle-induced midnight ramblings...
    - JOLT
    - JOLT
    - JOLT
    - caffeine...i.e. JOLT
    - brief JOLT addiction
    - incidents involving spontanious addictions
    - Italians (or mocking thereof)
    - after 9 in the quad
    - getting to know people
    - UNREAL TOURNAMENT!!! (we got banned from the computer labs 'cos of that...)
    - happy times
    - storming through the corridors on a Jolt high, doing about 4 laps without getting caught in the girls side....
    - Spar (just something about the way they wrapped the spicywedges...)
    - that cohesive, open friendlyness that you could experience with anyone, at anytime
    - waking up and knowing that today you're gonna meet at least 3 new people
    - crazy mad funky psychadelic disco dancing madness....
    - trying to figure out a pattern in the cobbling around campus
    - bubble-mania
    - JOLT-mania
    - plotting slow painful RA anihalation through aquatic disintegration (in those exact words....)
    - stuff....

and Rory... I'll miss Rory... *sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I miss not feeling guilty about my diet of chocolate and jolt cola
    And i miss having a roommate to talk all night to who put up with the fact that i occasionally throw things and yell down the phone at all hours of the night.
    And i miss having my parents hundreds of miles away.
    and i miss knowing that i was going to hang out with deadly people all day every day

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Originally posted by Mystic Fibrosis
    Our doorknob fell off. You couldnt close the door, or otherwise you couldn't get back in. Also, our toilet flusher broke off. We couldn't flush it without considerable difficulty.

Yeah, well you had the biggest, coolest apartment even if it had its faults so I don't see why you're complaining.

toilet in our shower!
    in the SHOWER!
    even though i only used it once, that is i sat down in it once. 3 weeks i lasted, yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭malecO

Originally posted by s0l
    toilet in our shower!
    in the SHOWER!
    even though i only used it once, that is i sat down in it once. 3 weeks i lasted, yeah!

Yeah, you guys had a seat in your shower. It was big too. Our shower was only about a foot wide and everything else in the bathroom would get drenched cos of the lack of space.

Advertisement