Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XML, JavaScript and CSS

Options
  • 05-08-2003 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Ok, so im making a website with XML, instead of a DB, why, well, i want to feck around with XML for the now, plus its easy to update it, and i feel like being akward :)

So heres the thing, the page takes info from various XML documents, using JavaScript, and outputs it on the site, when you click on the appropriate buttons (i made a Nav bar in Dreamweaver, not too happy with it, the Dreamweaver code i mean, but anyway)

I have made a CSS file for it, but unfortunately, it only formats and tags/elements explicitaly (SP?) created in the HTML, not those Dynamically generated by the JS from the XML files.

Now i can go through the code and start setting attributes, but why the bloody hell should i, thats what CSS should do.

The problem as i see it, is that the CSS instructions are parsed before the XML data is retrieved. Is there a way to tell the browser to say, refresh the style sheet when info is loaded, or set a delay on the CSS to wait until the info is loaded

Alternatively, XSL will be used, but whats the Browser compatability for it, and how to you get it to load off your server??

Advertisement