Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hoddle now has 4 first-choice strikers..

• 05-08-2003 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Now with kanote after signing up, he now has 4 first-choice strikers.. so he's either going to play some ridiculous formation with 4 upfront.. or he'll be leaving one of them on the bench.

He's got

Keane
    Postiga
    Kanote
    Zamora

This might put Keane's first choice-striker role in danger.. one bad run and he might be replaced.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,909 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

wa it should be tbh.

next thing you know they'll have 5 up front =) and ossie ardiles will be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

IMO Hoddle went overboard buying strikers and forgot that hes needs a decent team to get the ball to em..
    It'll be another average season for an average spurs team....
    Least they held onto Carr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I would have strengthened the Spurs midfield before buying another striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

This just in Chelsea are bidding for stephen Carr as they need competition for the right back slot which already boasts mario melchiot and rookie glen johnson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Worth a laugh... :ninja:

Spurs blow as Kanoute breaks down
    By Adrian Curtis, Evening Standard
    6 August 2003

Tottenham's new £4million signing Frederic Kanoute was sensationally pulled out of his first training session for the club yesterday after an injury scare.

It is believed the Spurs striker broke down with a recurrence of the groin problem which blighted his last season at West Ham.

It will be a big blow to Glenn Hoddle if the injury is so severe that Kanoute cannot start the season.

The player had just spent two days undergoing a rigorous Spurs medical, widely regarded as one of the toughest in the Premiership, because of the club's previous history of signing players with injury problems.

Kanoute is understood to have sustained the injury just one hour into his first session after he was officially unveiled by the club at its Chigwell training complex.

The 25-year-old said he was convinced his injury-prone days were behind him.

"I was very relieved to pass my medical, which was incredibly thorough.

"It was spread over two days beginning on Saturday afternoon, but I expected this because of my injury problems last season. [But] despite what some people might think I am not injury prone."

But eye-witnesses confirmed that Kanoute picked up his groin injury later that morning.

The Spurs manager has worked to boost his striking firepower with the arrivals of Helder Postiga, Bobby Zamora and Kanoute. But Zamora is also injured at the moment.

Spurs were also linked today with two left-sided players, Charlton's Paul Konchesky and Bobby Convey from Washington club DC United, because of Christian Ziege's injury and the sale of Matthew Etherington.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Now you know why we need 4 strikers...

Seriously though, is playing Kanoute behind a front two of Keane and Postiga a realistic option, injuries permitting?

Agree with the sentiment that the midfield needs strengthening though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Most teams have 4 strikers..

Spurs main problem last year, and previous years, was they were woefull in front of goal and lost a lot of close games...

Zamora is not the finished article, by no means first choice. He is more of a medium term project. Lets face it, its not like he scored 40 goals last season for brighton.

Robbie Keane and Posiga will be the two men up front I would think..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

He doesnt have 4 anymore ... :)

Breaking news in the indo ... Kanoute breaks down in tottenham training ..

Maybe it wont be too serious!

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I still dont see why they sold sheringham, they need some experience up front... Keane and Zamora are still kids..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Originally posted by Tellox
    I still dont see why they sold sheringham, they need some experience up front... Keane and Zamora are still kids..
    They needed the treatment table for Kanoute! ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Tellox

They sold Sheringham because they got sick of paying him the average yearly industrial wage every week to stand around looking moody. He did fook all else for the second half of last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Originally posted by Bannor
    They needed the treatment table for Kanoute!

:D:D:D

It's funny 'cause it's true!!

Maybe he should bring back that faith healer from World Cup 98 ... maybe she'll be able to fix Kanoute up :D

On a serious note, Spurs definately need to strengthen the midfield!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

originally posted by tellox
    Now with kanote after signing up, he now has 4 first-choice strikers.. so he's either going to play some ridiculous formation with 4 upfront.. or he'll be leaving one of them on the bench.

So playing 3 upfront would be ok and not at all ridiculous?
    Considering the better teams only play 1 up this is funny but nothing would surprise me about me hoddle. Maybe he is expecting divine intervention to feed his strikers.

Advertisement