Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frentzen back to Jordan?

• 05-08-2003 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Personally I'd love to see Frentzen back in yellow, but I've always wondered, why the hell was he sacked in the first place?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

not sure about this so someone feel free to correct me but hadn't he lost his bottle after some crash or other and just wasn't performing at all?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I don't see this move happening (not as a driver anyway).
    In the last 2-3 years he has been making to many uncharactoristic mistakes. He might be in a testing role next season (not sure which team though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

because he was my fave druver eddie lost him
    *sniff*
    its just not fair!

i expected big things when frentzen got his chance at williams and he didn't deliver i've not had much fate in him since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

because he was my fave druver eddie lost him
    *sniff*
    its just not fair!

Yeah- my sentiments exactly- well, with added *sniff*ing.

Wouldn't him an Fizzie just be great.
    I mean, screw the engine, @ least we'd have some good action to watch @ the back!

• Advertisement

well heidfeld's been offered (informally) a drive, so i think eddie knows at least one of his drivers is definately going i think, either he won't re-sign ralph (which if so, is a shame - i think he'll develop well!), but it's more probable that he's consigned to the fact that fisi will go. And that could give mercedes a kick towards jordan maybe cuz heidfeld is under a long term mercedes contract! Plus i like heidfeld! :)

On topic - i miss seeing frentzen in yellow! and it looks like next year we wont be seeing him at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Originally posted by Agar
    Personally I'd love to see Frentzen back in yellow, but I've always wondered, why the hell was he sacked in the first place?

Its cause he wasn't performing I think it had to do with the introduction of launch control he liked his clutch.

His supposed to be taking on a testing roll, which he should do and leave the sport with some diginity instead of flirting around the back of the field with the minardis.

Jordan ain't going to a force in F1 for quite a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

er Fisi has signed a two year deal with Sauber I thought that was known...God knows who would want to sign for Jordan at the moment....

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    er Fisi has signed a two year deal with Sauber I thought that was known...

It was only announced last night.
    Originally posted by mike65
    God knows who would want to sign for Jordan at the moment....

I'll be very surprised not to see Nick Heidfeld sitting in a yellow car next season.

BTW well done to Fernando Alonso, youngest ever grand prix champion. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It was only announced last night.

Fair point I just happened to listening to the radio when it was announced.

Mike.

• Advertisement

I think fisi was thinking of the links with ferrari when he moved to sauber. I also heard from ITV he may have been hanging off a little to see if a seat at jaguar would be available. i'm glad he moved a good driver was going to waste at jordan. Brundle was pretty much singing his praises for what he was managing to get out of such a crappy car and thats no OTT crap like from Collins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Eddie Jordan needs to concentrate on fixing their frankly shít engine.

He has to find some way of terminating that contract with Ford (Which is looking more promising now) & grab the deal to get a merc in there.

not to mention that horrible car has to be sorted out! even with merc engines, if next years car is aerodynamically as ****e as this years tey'll still be racing the minardis, hell, renault proved this year just how important a good aerodynamic car is!

Advertisement