Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millions getting rid of landline phones

Options
  • 06-08-2003 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Great story, wrong country.

From Cnn

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108669

Add me to that number too... I'm dropping my landline by christmas in favour of 'other means of access' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Going to do the same shortly, just to give Eircom the finger. It is just a pitty there aren't any Irish companies like packet8 or Vonage, which let you keep your phone number but plug into your broadband connection (cable, wireless, whatever).

I have one of the units from packet8, it's amazing. One end plugs into any ethernet port (doesn't matter if it's using NAT), and the other end you plug in your ordinary phone. Has voicemail, caller ID, and more, plus you get to keep your existing number or choose a new number from any US area code you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hopefully I will be cancelling my ISDN for Wireless in the next couple of weeks :)

(Just depends on a line of sight test)

Gandalf.

Advertisement