Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom go-sell

Options
  • 06-08-2003 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

i've been told to look into this package for selling stuff online - i've got a bad feeling about it though! am i right??

the place i'm working for need something that is *very* easy for anyone to update/add products and will be selling some books and tickets only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Talk to a web developer - they will set you up with a much better solution.

Go-sell is a cheap offering if you only have a few products. Once you up the number of producst, it gets dearer (well it certainly used to anyway!)

I havent heard much about it in years in fairness... but im positive you could get a better, more robust system for a small investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭eoin@host.ie

I went to one of their presentations a year ago. You had to go in and edit the code(no GUI) to make simple changes in the products you wanted to sell. Maybe they have improved it since then. Have a look at www.oscommerce.com or www.edatcat.com, could save you a lot of unnecessary agro.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

thanks for the info (a bit late replying i know!)...

i know going with a web developer would be better but we figure that would be a pretty costly option considering we probably won't generate a high turnover from the shop...

i'm sure there are lots of off the shelf shopping carts that would do us fine although i would need an ASP one... the problem would seem to be hooking it up with clikpay/realex for the credit card processing, since most products only have easy integration for worldwide names like worldpay.... or maybe such integration is a piece of cake regardless of the payment processor you use??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I strongly recommend oscommerce. I dont have any technical experience or programming experience but if you can put in the time, you will get a good system going with oscommerce. Its open source ..the possibilities with it are endless and getting better all the time...php based. its got me started on php which is one of the easier programming languages out there.

And most importantly, the support is excellent...theres so much stuff already covered in their forum that a search ref. any problem you are having will probably lead to the resolution instantly. Otherwise, people will come forward and assist if you post there.

Check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I would suggest you look at what other people are using.. it's always a good start :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Originally posted by fizzy
    ... the problem would seem to be hooking it up with clikpay/realex for the credit card processing, since most products only have easy integration for worldwide names like worldpay.... or maybe such integration is a piece of cake regardless of the payment processor you use?? [/B]

We have lots of customers using oscommerce with realex, highly recommended combination!

HTH, Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

thanks again for the helpful info - i have been hearing good things about oscommerce lately and am a big fan of php myself.

unfortunately if we go with something we have to host, it needs to be in asp .... a good free option there looks to be comersus - anyone know if that's easy to hook up with clikpay / realex?

Advertisement