Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QII / QIII Mods

Options
  • 06-08-2003 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Anyone got suggestions for a good mod for a server.
    Some thing thats a good laugh and not to serious none of this osp stuff or 1 on 1 something which gives a good mill.

I was looking at quake rally, Military Forces or maybe king of the hill ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

QIII Pong has always been good for a giggle, though I reckon any purists would possibly hate it - like football for quake, with weapons.

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Taking down osp prolly won`t go down with the regulars(heh), is there any way of remotely adminning the server, say for example remotely login and change the "fs_game" to different mods or some such when required, that way the server doesnt get left on a mod that no one is using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

fs noone said anything about touching the osp server.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

there was a football style mode called proball which was hugely popular for awhile, but its died down again, it might be like q3pong (which i've never played).

Just had a look at quake3 rally, looks class although I've never played it... I remember enjoying the original quake rally.

both Q3pong and rally sound good.

I cannt seem to get a link to the q3pong files.

if noone has any other suggestions I'l put up a server for each of them for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

This is where you wanna go :D

Bio

Links for quake 3 pong have been removed because q3 pong v2.0 is out within the netx 2 weeks, apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Q3pong rocks......ive neevr had soooo much fun.

Instagib is also pretty hectic and can give you cramp in your hands lol

the purists will hate me for this one but i love WFA too

I've mirrored q3pong 1.666 here.

Had a look at quake3rally but its seem to be a bit unfinished and the project has been canned. A common problem for q3 mod it seems. Any other suggestions.

btw q3pong server running on games2.iol.ie:27970

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Freeze quake. It's a teamplay mod, but great fun when people start using tactics in it to thaw or prevent thawing of frozen teammates. Or bouncing frozen people around to hard to reach places so they can't be thawed.

• Advertisement

Freeze Tag is included in latest OSP patch, you have to "\callvote mode 6 map_name"

I think, yeah its good crack

ps. don`t play against you 11 yr old brother who hides instead of playing and letting me gib him

/gub him up good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

What about "GridIron"?
    I've only played it a few times, seemed ok for a laugh. Yankball with rockets and ramps/platforms. A GAA version would pwn though, "Sioltair"

Advertisement