Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WinPcap 3.0 & Ethereal Protocl Analyzer on Win2K sp3 any problems?

• 06-08-2003 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience, bad or otherwise running the above? Also, does anyone know of any good HTTP tutorials that might be a bit clearer than the RFC?

Thanks!
    Tendofan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Works fine for me. Seems a little more stable on SP4. Much more stable on Redhat.

What in particular do you want to do, that's got you confused?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭tendofan

It's for an application that remotely manages devices with an HTTP/Tcpip module, and also devices that use a custom protocol over dial-up, but the management operations are the same.
    An ASP application would be just fine, if it weren't for the other class of devices, and I don't want to duplicate the management related work for myself if possible.

So I was looking at just how much of the HTTP protocol I'd have to implement, which is how I happened upon the RFC, which is a little too detailed for my taste for now.

Thanks for the reply BTW!

Tendofan
    - This one's optimistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

which version of ethereal?
    the early version of 9 were flakey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭tendofan

It's 0.9.14. Seems fine so far though.

Tendofan

Advertisement