Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Doth Protest!

Options
  • 06-08-2003 2:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Two bans in a month, this is terrible!

Seriously, I made two posts in the links thread in the Web Hosting forum, one completely on-topic and the other an observation of Tom's attitude, which was pretty appropriate imho. I've never pimped my services on the board, I've never ranted about other hosts without good cause, and I've never flamed or trolled there to an appreciable level.

I can understand the need to be authoritarian on the hosting board, but this is ridiculous. A PM would have been quite enough.

adam
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I might add that it should be common practise to PM or email a user when they've been banned. Telling them in the forum they're banned from is just silly.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The Feedback/Suggestions board isn't the place for this tbh. You should PM the mod in question, or an Admin if you're unhappy. :p

I move that dahamsta be banned from Feedback/Suggestions for a week :p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Feedback is the correct place for this if the user in question decides to take it public. Otherwise a PM to admins is fine too.

We have to have transparency in this area and allow anyone who has a grievance with a particular mod to be able to add to a complaint in a place where that mod has no power over it (I'm talking in general here, not specifically about Webhosting, obviously).

The only question here is why Tom wasnt banned for continueing the bitchiness. I can only presume its because he edited his post and posted an unreserved apology before Corinthian handed out bans.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I never saw the comment made by tom-the-box as he wisely edited it before I had a chance to see it. In retrospect your comment was probably in order and I accept that. I’ve unbanned you.

Yaay! Thanks Corinthian.

BTW, I don't have any grievances, I just prefer to do things out in the open. No maliciousness intended.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

I do protest.
    Thou dost protest.
    He doth protest.
    We do protest.
    Ye do protest.
    They do protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Why do people feel the need to post up so many off topic posts on this board? Its nearly getting as bad as Admin was before they were forced to moderate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

:confused:

It all seems on topic to me except your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Yoda
    I do protest.
    Thou dost protest.
    He doth protest.
    We do protest.
    Ye do protest.
    They do protest.
    Thou dost protest too much. ;)

I'm just terribly disappointed that no-one followed up with "Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

adam

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Protest this.

*locked*

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement