Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baddest motherf*cker in a fantasy/sci fi book

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RockViper

Originally posted by The Beer Baron
    In films: ED209 or Predator.
    Either one'd take the Terminator to pieces.

ED209? the robot thingy from Robocop? He couldn't even get down the stairs ffs!

Ghost from "Night Mask's" is a pretty bad-ass character. He kills so indiscriminantly and is just so damn evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭avatar

Decado the swordsman for fantasy, and the xenomorph for sci-fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Harkonnen was pretty damn evil...

Gemmell writes some good characters alright (pity about the plots), Decado was a bad mofo.

The thief Vimes was after in the last book was a nasty fscker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Originally posted by Ping Chow Chi
    the shirke from the hyperion books !!!

:ninja:

Yes definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Have to second the Druss vote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

Originally posted by fragile
    Have to second the Druss vote

gotta third that one actually, don't think there's anyone that could take that man on and win. i don't think there's another Gemmell character that would take him either, not even waylander ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BraveSirAndrew

Why has no one mentioned Sauron, or his da', Morgoth? Two badass motherf*ckers. Shamoan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Zaphod Beeblebrox...Walking out of The Total Perspective Vortex with a smile

The Gunslinger from Westworld (yes there is a book), did this come before the Terminator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Originally posted by SearrarD
    The Gunslinger from Westworld (yes there is a book), did this come before the Terminator?

The film was wayyy b4 terminator.....He was well 'ard in the film Im assuming (since I think the film was an Early Michael Critchton) that the book was too..or am I thinking of the Amdromeda strain??

I think ya gotta be more than just a killin machine to be a bad mofo...need some subtlety ..or sneakyness.... so in my mind that places both Jon Shannon/Jerusalem man and Waylander above Druss ...and Angus Thermopyle over them both

I personally liked Uncle Enzo in Snowcrash for that reason

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I don't have the book to hand but wasn't the reason for that that the Total Perspective Votex then in a universe that had been specifically created with Zaphod in mind? IIRC in "reality" it would have destroyed his mind totally (although it would take a fair while to overcome his ego)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Yeah Zaphod was in a recreational universe....but as far as the rest of the galaxy is concerened he walked ina and walked right out....

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭valen

If personality counts, the Shrike on Hyperion gets it for me. A 3 meter tall cyborg that can stop time, hates humans, and has a cool spikey tree that regenerates humans.

Yes, he picks people up, and impales them on the tree, so they can live indefinity writing in agony on it. He's so evil & nasty & famous, that people come and worship him as a god!

But, it's a poxy robot, innit ?

For human personality, Gulliver Foyle from Tiger Tiger, gets it for me.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue222/classic.html

John

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The shrike was
    a kind of organic machine, but it was a joint effort between the machine god and the human god to go back in time and find the new "messiah". Aw fatherly love. The whole tree thing was to attract this messiah. Haven't read the endymion books yet, but i'm sure you find out more about this in those books

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bikini widow

Ender from Enders Game (Orson Scott Card)
    - A bad ass, though not in the usual sense.

also

Elric of Melnibone (Michael Moorcock)
    - Now he was one bad ass cursed albino

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭girldef

Have to say Otherland - Tad Williams is bloody brilliant !
    Second book is a bit boring but absolutely love the other 3.
    The agent gear(Beezle bug) is sooo impressive! And Dread is definately the baddest (best!) character!

Advertisement