Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can IOL detect what logon details your modem is sending?

Options
  • 06-08-2003 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

I.E. if my password is incorrect, could a tech support guy tell me that my details are incorrect on the computer. Can he read them off his screen or summat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

He probably has a log of errors you experienced. For example, your modem attempts to authenticate itself with IOL and its rejected, the server you are accessing will refuse you a connection for a specific reason, this reason could be logged and engineers will probably be able to view this log.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Only one way to find out... that's what the tech support is for...

boards.ie != iol_ts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

just remember you're more likely to go into space tomorrow than get help from the support!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

just remember you're more likely to go into space tomorrow than get help from the support!

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

SachaJ esat's tech support line are probaly not going to be able to check to see if you have made an attempt at authenicating, they would have to get this information from their NOC and probably will be unwilling to do this. depending on the router you have though, you should be able to force teh PPPoE conenction and see how it is doing, you may also have a system log on your router and from either of these you may be able to find out if it is a username passowrd error, look for a CHAP fail or pass in the logs, if it says CHAP authenication failure the issue is with the u/p

• Advertisement
Advertisement