Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

jayney mackers!

• 06-08-2003 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

with utd making 40 million from the sales of beckham and veron aswell as slashing the wage bill as a result of losing these two players, does no-one else think that something strange is going on at old trafford?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I wouldn't be surprised to see them move for Vieira, especially seeing as how he (a) is stalling over signing a new deal and (b) Arsenal need the money for their new stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Earth to crazy guy!! Although after Figo I could believe anything...nah- never happen. He said he'd never play for them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Also as it has been pointed out on other threads the Veron sale represents a £13million loss and the money from both transfers will only reach the maximum amounts depending on the future sucess of Chelsea and Real. Also the money is going to be dripped to ManU in installments, so what they have received is only a fraction of what you may think.

As for Viera, that's just crazy talk - I'm sure he himself isn't be interested, regardless of what cash Arsenal are in need of.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

Originally posted by p.pete
    Also as it has been pointed out on other threads the Veron sale represents a £13million loss and the money from both transfers will only reach the maximum amounts depending on the future sucess of Chelsea and Real. Also the money is going to be dripped to ManU in installments, so what they have received is only a fraction of what you may think.

yeah but my point was that two of the highest wage packets have now been cut from the manU budget. Veron was on £90,000 a week i think and Beckham was easily on something similar. This is a huge reduction in the wage bill. I was wondering if they could afford to employ any more high wage players without getting rid of a few?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Its an excellent point. I agree there may something strange happening behind the scenes. MUTV is saying that Klebeson should have his work permit on tuesday next and that he is verons replacement. It could just be that at 90 grand a week
    Fergi didnt consider he was value for money. Whatever
    it must Put UTD in a strong financial situation should the need arise to buy big.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

When questioned today on MUtv about the Veron sale, Fergie said that there'll definately be a big splash into the transfer market before the end of August .... here's hoping :rolleyes:

He also sees Kieran Richardson and Darren Fletcher as the next big things from the United youth policy .... Fletcher definately impressed in the USA .... & lest any1 has forgotten, Becks/Scholes/Butt/Neville/Giggs all came into the United team as virtual unknowns & the rest is history!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

HUH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

Originally posted by JaneyMackers
    HUH!!!!

hehehe :D
    nothing personal, just getting everyones attention

Advertisement