Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to IOL anytime but 1 prob

Options
  • 06-08-2003 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Oke doke, I've been sent a letter saying it was activated. So then I try to connect with my nick and pass, have the dial up number. As its dialing, all goes appropriately then it disconnects. Im told my caller ID is not enabled (ie when i call someone it shows as a private number). So I call up eircom to get the caller id enabled. Fella says, its done now check it in an hours time. 2 hours 15 mins past. How long can i wait until i know its done? or should i call again tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Oh jesus that brings back the memories. I remember trying to get my caller I.D activated.

Eircom Monkey #1: Ok that's now done. Give it a couple of hours and you should be set.

Eircom Monkey #2(A day later): No it isn't activated, I'll do it now. Ok it's done, give it an hour or so to take effect.

This continued on for a couple of days. I think I got it turned on on the 3rd/4th call. So, keep trying and if after a couple of hours it isn't working then back on the phone to eircom and keep hounding them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

lol, unfortunately im not the type of person to speak on the phone well, nor make the call in the first place.

Any way I could do it somehow using the options from the messaging service thingy, or do it myself using the main site?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭swoofer

Try logging on by putting 142 before your dial in number.

But did u go and download the iol dialler?

I had a few problems as well.

correct number is 1893247365

good luck

gb

Erm 142 before my phone number (area code aswell?) or the 1421893 whatever lol *I got the dialler off the disk*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

just '142' before the number as you have in your example, '1421893..etc'

• Advertisement

:( Still no luck, it keeps disconning when the thing dials up. I need to get that thing enabled and soon :mad: , Im sick of eircom n their money grabbing means

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Turning into a TSI so to Nets/Comms it goes.

I suggest you follow the bugler method of rining back to see if CLI has been activated though.

"Tech Support Issue", before someone asks:)

We could not complete the requested operation because there appears to be a problem with CLI (Caller Line Identification) on your phone line. This is normally caused if:
    -Your phone number is ex-Directory

-You requested that CLI to be switched off

To use your Ireland On-Line Internet account, you must have CLI switched on. To switch on CLI while you use your Ireland On-Line Internet account, please click here.

This is really starting to p*** me off :mad:

I've put in 142 before the number, I have the right number (1893247365), I've even put the 142 before it. CLI is now enabled but still the same prob:mad:. It dials up like normal, then theres the beep, but right after that beep there is a disconnection. :mad:

Agent

I set up my dial up manually last Friday 1 Aug and this was 24 hours after I registered! When I got the letter I tried to log to the web page iol regoster/finish etc and it would not work. I then went to register.iol.ie/anytime etc and then went back to register/finish and downloaded the dreaded dialler and this involved having to siwtch off PC.

I did all that and then went back in and was able to check my usage and lo and behold I was registerd from 1 Aug.

Did u do all of the above?

GBCULLEN

Ok finally got it workin, I had all of hte above done its jsut it took a while for the feckin thing t orecognize my number, how long can i expect it to take before my usage data is up cause right now it stands at saying there is no data traffic

• Advertisement

Agent

Good news to hear u are up and running. It updates the usuage every 24 hours so u should see a result tommorrow.

I must say it is going abreeze for me at the moment, got 49333bps connection.

gbcullen

Advertisement