Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA3 Graphics

Options
  • 06-08-2003 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Got my hands on GTA3 only recently and it runs smooth for a while then the grapics go loopy.

I know there is a problem with xp and some file that once you get the patch its fine. I'm runing win2k and a radeon 9500pro and was hoping someone could advice me on what needs to be done to correct it.

Yes I have patched it to 1.1 and am running the latest radeon drivers and win2k service pack2. I have turned off all advanced graphics but still after 10/15 mins the grapics go weird.

Any help appreciated
    Timeout

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

have u tried turning off the blurring? that might help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

I had a problem where after a while, the guy would start walking backwards. Don't know what caused it.

Eventually, I took an image of the c drive. Whenever it happened, I kept the saves file, and put back the working image.

Hassle I know, but if you want to play the game..... :)

Worth noting is the fact that Vice City has given me no problems so far, so you might consider biting the bullet and getting it instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i had problems with the graphics going all screwed up after half an hours play (cars looking completely mangled)
    i put that down to my ****ty graphics card tho, yours pisses all over mine tbh.
    i havn't tried playing gta3 since i got my new graphics card (vice city is just too inticing:))
    gtaforums.com might be a more useful place to post this.
    i'll post it for you if you don't want to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

win2k is at service pack 4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

gta3 froroums is an annoying place take one page and just count the HELP!!!, game wont load, graphics problems, will my computer run this game topics. it is very repetitive.

yo tman you find out what the "gangs" do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Thanks for the help. Still can't seem to solve it so I've gone for GTA vice city. No problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Vice City seems to run much smoother and faster on my PC than GTA3 ever did.

same here, gta3 is jerky as hell in any 32 bit colour mode, i have to use 16bit if i want a smooth game..
    vice city is sweet as a nut at 1024x768x32 tho:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

i hate to ask, but have you tried the readme file?

yeah, and defining what "wierd" and "loopy" graphics are would be handy, take a screenshot of them maybe...
    for all we know it just could've started raining:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement