Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question from a beginner

Options
  • 06-08-2003 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

is there a script which enables a user to log into the ftp and edit text files which are used as text variables in a flash website?

hope this makes sense. like the eircom web builder thing and pref. free!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Yes - but it depends on what type of script you are looking for.

Are you hoping to develop this using asp, php, jsp or cold fusion???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i was kinda hoping there was a package i could install out of the box type thing that would enable me to set up a user that could log in and edit .txt files.

thanks for replying i think the server supports asp so you don't know of a link by any chance that would have info about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

http://www.hotscripts.com/ASP/Scripts_and_Components/File_Manipulation/File_Management/index.html

You will need write access to the folders you want to manage, your ISP may not allow it.

Tom

Advertisement