Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF1942 disk replacment

Options
  • 07-08-2003 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

My bf1942 disk 1 is damaged beyond repair (deep scratch)... and when I tried to get it repaired by "professionals" they made it worse :rolleyes:, whole surface is scuffed

I fired off an email to UK-WARRANTY@europe.ea.com and they told me:
    It is possible to supply you with a replacement CD, however, the replacement fee of £7.50/EUR11.60 (PC) or £10.00/EUR15.46 (Any other) will need to be paid.

Please send a cheque or postal order made payable to Electronic Arts Ltd, to our Customer Warranty Department at the address below. The cost includes post and packing, please also include the damaged CD as proof of ownership, as well as a covering note stating your name and full return address.
    Thats a bit of cheek I thought, charging €11.60 for a CD that they most likely made for 10c ...

Now I dont know if they have any fancy protection on the CD, or if they are just relying on the serial number ... but i reckon that if some kind soul here would volunteer to make an copy and post it I would cover costs, I could send the original damaged CD as proof of ownership ... (that would have to be sent back to me of course, in case I must send off to the UK due to CD protection)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

any copies of bf i have come across dont work. but im sure theres some way of doing it, and since you still have your cd key im sure all will be ok.

although be careful with your reqest as it may fall under the "warez" law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

To fix a scratched CD no matter how bad do the following:

1. place CD into freezer read side up for about 20 to 30 seconds (till it mists anyway)
    2 remove CD and RUN to your PC and insert Cd
    3. Install or play each time you need to use it freeze it.

I work for CD company and it does cost about 10c maybe less if you want a lot made, BF has online serial checking only ,the CD protection is software based and doesnt cost in terms of manufacturing.

Technically you are asking for Warez which is not allowed.
    But the above should fix your issue.

Locked for now....

kdjac

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement