Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-box Lan

Options
  • 07-08-2003 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,
    Just a couple of questions?

Have any of you linked up your x-box another X-box?
    if yes how many boxes in total were linked up??

Have any of you linked to the live service yet?
    I know microsoft says "not yet in Ireland" but I've heard there are solutions to this. (various mods and "off grid IPS's")
    or am I being fed a crock of S**te

Thanks.
    icon.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Move to tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Would games not be a better forum, as there was loadsa x box live info on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭40coats

Originally posted by ionsong
    Hi All,
    Just a couple of questions?

I know microsoft says "not yet in Ireland" but I've heard there are solutions to this. (various mods and "off grid IPS's")

Thanks.
    icon.jpg

Number of boxes which can be linked depends on the game, Halo uses a max of 4 and MotoGP uses a max of 16. I've never played on more than 4 that I can remember. Live works in Ireland, all you need to do is enter a valid UK post code during registration. The Beta testing is happening at the moment so the full launch probably isn't that far off anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

ive hooked 3 together for a 12 player halo lan. youll need a hub though if you want to connect more than two xboxes.
    anyone ever tried to play ghost recon over lan? i couldnt get it working with two xboxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by ionsong

We've connected four X-boxes, they use standard hubs and cables, couldn't be easier.

Halo works a treat this way, we've only played 7/8 player to keep the viewable part of the screen reasonable. Have also played Brute Force this way, but just not as satisfactory - maybe it's just a learning curve tho.

Haven't connect to Live, but I know it's possible here, don't know details. Likewise a friend has used Game tunnel, but so far the results are unreliable

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah I've played with Borzoi in 7-8 player games on 3-4 xboxen.
    Get hub, get standard cable. Connect everything to hub. Start game. Its a doddle...

Halo owns. Everything else pales in comparison really in the FPS area of things. Try the various game types as we've found them a lot of fun. (I own Borzoi at King of the hill :p)

DeV.

ps: Never play with Roguedotc. He's a sniping cnnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by DeVore
    (I own Borzoi at King of the hill :p)

DeV.

In your he-ad, in your he-ad, it's all in your he-ad.

You are my biatch

ps: Never play with Roguedotc. He's a sniping cnnt.

this much is true tho:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

there is nothing wrong with sniping in halo...it takes serious skill. its the pistol ****s you should be biatching about.

Advertisement