Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotozip or Dremel?

Options
  • 07-08-2003 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used a rotozip to cut through thin sheet metal? (i.e. the side panel of a computer case) ... Argos have them for €50, and the cheapest dremel is €60 odd (only 4 bits)...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

I would go for the dremel, got one myself and with a bit of practice you do get a nice result!
    Not sure if the rotozip can do it also, just did not look like it when i was working out what to buy.

Ps. Get some protective glasses when you use the dremel, Small pieces of steel in your eyes are not healthy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Well, I was talking to my brother (carpenter / odd job man / jack of all trades) and he said the dremel is good for small fiddly bits and the rotozip is a much stronger / well made bit of kit and would be suitable for a lot of heavier jobs as well as the fiddly bits.... so I went for the rotozip ... what a weapon, bit scary really .. its a bit hard to get used to (broke a bit on the first hole I made "D'Oh") and can give a kick now and again if you bring it up against the piece its cutting a bit too fast ..

Advertisement