Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake2 and Quake3 for muppets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sidepic.jpg
    http://www.doomworld.com/gfx/sidepicfull.jpg

Don't give up on Q3A just yet, and don't be believing Brother Thresh, he's not God you know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

AH a non believer...... STONE HIM.

Yeah Thresh can be a gimp at times, he is American afterall.

the thread they couldn't kill

shank1@usa.net
    q2n.quake.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Didn't think I'd post anything constructive, just post so you's would all have to waste 5 minutes tongue.gif

argh, you bast

Must say the stuff ya are postin on the role playin board is bizzare, mage's, gm's pkk's, marriage proposals and the like. But it's good for a laugh smile.gif

shank1@usa.net
    q2n.quake.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Sorry Shank you just don't have the Roleplaying virus. Hobbes has it, and it has mutated him into the UO playing madman he is now. Anyways what does this have to do with the thread? Arghh.

Anyways, not much more I can say on the matter of Quake 1 and Quake 2, other then the quake 1 crowd shouldn't give a toss about the q2 crowd and any who play both should just be left completely alone smile.gif

Kegs.

I hope noone else posts here, takes a friggin year to load ffs.

• Advertisement

Kegs this thread is bigger then all of us now, it's unstopable, I think Blade's tryin forra record here. Notice my subtle way of draggin the role playin lads into it and as for linux/champ man/tribes/starcraft and let's not forget Lesbian Quake smile.gif

shank1@usa.net
    q2n.quake.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Hi, my name is Jerry Springer, and I'd like to have all you strange people on my new 'Net Show.

Kegser, aka Kevin O'Regan
    trick@indigo.ie

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

hehe silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

keep the thread goin, go, thread go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

You slagged creeper? you brave brave stupid people.

Get up

• Advertisement

(Just to keep this thread going)

I would just like to point out Q2 is a fast game. If you just installed it as is, it's slow as sh!te. Tweak it and they will come smile.gif

Btw, when I was in a Cybercafe here last I tweaked Q2 to run faster and smoother and I had Yank muppets coming up to me asking me if it was the new "Turbo Quake2" game???!! (Too many nintendo Turbo streetfighter muppets). Another one said it was the machine and Q1 would be way faster on it...

My point? Who gives a flying fuk. Play what you enjoy and stop whining that yours is better just because you can actually get somewhere in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

ah fs bladers...now look what uve done!

this the longest post ever or wha????

dunno why yee cant agree to disagree at all....

quake1 and quake2 are almost completely two diff games......

accept it

I would also like to point out that Duke Nukem is waaay faster then Q1 or Q2 or any other 1st person shootem up. So tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

ahhhhhhhh
    HOBBES!
    where u ???????
    havent seen yah in AGGGGGGEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

did u get me msg bout that delivery eh eh eh eh eh ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

ok, i've been playing alot of qw recently, and enjoying it. i've played ffa, wars & CA. and my conclusions?

ffa in qw is more fun than q2 ffa

wars in q2 are better than wars in qw, variuos reasons but i'm not going to bore you, i did enjoy the qw wars thou.

CA sucks. really, christ its just as bad as RA2. Like this new scoring system? a few random shots and you are top of the board. its daft. if i try and play it correctly, take care with my shots etc i do worse than when i just tape down the fire button. imho its the realm of keyboard whimses who can't cut it in a war.

I did indeed Adra get your message smile.gif

Been spending too much time in work and UO. :/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Hobbes: Yes Duke was cool ask tonyf how many hours we spent on modems, sure we hardly had time to play with ourselves smile.gif

Butcher of Nog: Yes thats pretty much what I've been saying alright.

Shank: Yes I am going for a record, I want to reach 100 posts at least, Von was on 62 with his quad timing Frenchies so my initial aim was to beat that. Ok the closure of the thread mid way broke the rythm a bit but I'm back on the road again! Nothing can stop me now!!!! ha ha ha ha!

Dev: I asked koopa what he thought of ca and he said to me "Blade..Clan Arena is about as skillfull as trying to score with a prostitute that goes by the name of Dirty Debbie from Dollymount whos final request before dying of aids was that she be buried in a Y shaped coffin"

Koopa: Jesus you sick barsteward! p.s. Angeleyes was askin for ya.

Blade

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Blade I hope that your 20 minute rant on IRC about rights and stuff wasn't just to beat some silly posts record because I spent hours trying to reopen this stupid thread and now I'm mad frown.gif

(BTW I realise I am contributing to your posts record by adding this, the irony is not lost on me!).

--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

SeriouslyThough,IHaveSpaceBoundToGrenadeAndAfterAWeekPlayingClanArenaMyPCisGoneToSh!t.CanAnyoneFixMySpacebar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

The good thing about CA is that you can get into a game quickly like the old CTF days and if you have a poo ping or low spec machine you can still help your team in some way. Muso and OCB for example don't have the fps to be able to duel or play in wars with much success but they have great aim in CA and are sneaky gits. For a quick fix, I prefer FFA to CA cos its more useful in wars, has constant action and you need to be good with ALL the weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hahah, OMG.

Hey Pete, there are Q2 people disrespecting you.

hehhehe that was worth reopening this thread cloud if for nothing else... hahha
    "Complete tit" must remember that for the next time I see Reaper.

You arent just going to sit there and TAKE IT reapie-babes, are you??

DeV (doing his part for Blade's record attempt and blood sport the world over...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Hmmm,

I seem to remember a usefull tip of the day.

-
    Need space for your animal p0rn or warez?
    -
    >go to dos
    >type Deltree quake2

This stops you from being a complete twat and gives you a load of diskspace ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Here,

I just remembered another Tip I learned from Tomb one day whilst talking about Quake2.

TIP FOR QUAKE1 USERS USING QUAKE2:

Q biggrin.gifont know how to change to the Rocket Launcher ?
    A:Simple :
    -Pull down the console.
    -Type ./SELECT ROCKET LAUNCHER

Note : to fire the RL it is a similar procedure.
    -Pull down the console.
    -Type ./FIRE ROCKET

---
    Tomorrow we learn how to use the BIND command in quake2 ... Should be interesting :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pebble

deadly, must play ya sometime eric!
    i only use 2 buttons. weapom change an fire. but since you be usin the consol, i'll happily frag your ar$e with a blaster while ya type away. i'll even stand still so you can aim and then type smile.gif
    sure ya can even have a bfg and full power shield if ya want. or do i still have to much aof an advantage?
    SuperDisco(hail to the king baby?)PartyMan

is that any better?
    DOH!

[This message has been edited by SuperDiscoPartyMan (edited 12-03-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

it could only be eamo, uses an alias and then signs it as himself smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lol

ARSE.......Micro Machines 2 better than either Q1 or Q2

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im sure i dont know what yer talkin about noggie!

hey MP, heres a consol command for you.
    bring down consol. you do this by pressing the tilde (~) key above tab and below esc keys. when it comes up with the prompt, type 'kill'
    its really good fun. it kills all the other players. ahhh, hold on. q1ers arent allowed to use the consol for anything are they. its cheatin! not the game the ID intendeed an stuff eh? is using a mouse cheating? i reckon ID didnt intend the use of modems either. tin cans and bits of string........
    take it q2
    white(can i borrow your config)wash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Riker

Hiya
    Methinks this is rhetorical nonsense but Blade just asked me to post so we can get to 100.

BTW
    Half-Life rox, you lads should give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Blade i was going to have to agree with you but then someone brought CA into the matter
    !
    Bad Fookers

Simple Solution All u mad FFA And War heads stay off server and stop playing ca all together if its soo gey and non-skilled.
    And finally shut up ta fook about how bad it is perhaps?

k
    this is where you speak down to me in ur condecnding way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

i seeee a patteerrrn...ooo,

q1 player slags q2...hmmmmm...flood of legitimate, clever, arguments from genuinely concerned q2'ers knocks his argument down to somthing resembling a shrivelled radish...ooohhmm....the q1 players go back to what they do best, fighting amongst themselves...and it goes on...90th post btw :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement