Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to Revamp my site

Options
  • 07-08-2003 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys I have just taking over this company and i think no I want to redesign the whole website something professional and for want of a better word slick

What suggestion and Ideas do you have .........

Dec

Bungee Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

give us the URL For the current site and we can make a suugestion on how to improve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I'm assuming it's the one in his sig.

just a quick question on the site: Is the second block of text supposed to highlight like a link when you mouseover?

Also the "meet the staff" link is too hard to see, looks like it's supposed to be in the black cell beneath it? I dont see the point of those dots above the contact link on the right, they're not very decorative and only serve to draw attention away from the "meat" of the page.

the header at the top says, "Irelands most experienced bungee club", but the link at the bottom left states "irelands only bungee club".... emmmm, this seems a bit weird.. just doesnt sit right, you should choose one or the other. Personally I'd go with Irelands most experienced.

If you can, centre the page. my monitor has a large desktop setting and in full window mode, the banner across the top is about 100px or so to the right of the edge of the main page. Looks bad.

Finally: the flash intro page.. there's no continuity between it and the site. Makes it look like "ooh lets have a flash intro for the sake of it. htey are cool arent they?".

me hopes this is the site you meant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

No guys I want to revamp the Site

and I dont your views on what I need to do to this Site

I want to make it completly new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭JJSolutions

The blue text on the blue background in the Events page doesnt work too well, also the orange phone numbers over the blue background in the contact us page kinda makes my eyes sore when im trying to read the numbers

The scrolling text says Irelands newest bungee company with over 25 years of experience Leave out the newest and say ye have 25 years experience

The site looks like a gang of lads with some bungee equiptment - doesnt do anything for ye - doesnt look prefessional enough for me to trust ye with some of your bungee tied around my legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭JJSolutions

Originally posted by the Guru
    No guys I want to revamp the Site and I dont your views on what I need to do to this Site

*** make it completly new ***

???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

How about you do a mock up and repost for suggestions then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Guru,

Whats your aim for the site?
    For example - Do you want to gain bookings from the site?
    Or are you going to use it just to provide information?

Either way - think of who your target audience is. Make sure its optimised for the search engines - stay clear of the main content in a flash movie etc...

If you can give us more details of what you are aiming to do with the site - maybe then we'll be able to help you more!

Tom

The Main thing I want to get across is Information for Jumpers what they can expect , Prices events , and that its safe
    *** and thats not just run by a bunch of blokes with some bungee equiptment ****
    and Yes I want it optimised for bookings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

OK,

well I can picture something in my head - and unfortunately I'm a bit too busy too be doing up mock up designs for you.

I would use a large image of guy/girl falling towards the ground, showing the thrill and adrelin rush of doing a jump. Make it look cool and trendy - using 3d xp type graphics for navigation etc.

Show an instant price for your average booking and make it look like a special offer for booking from the web (i know thats a bit cheeky, but it works) Try and bring in elements of you know - office day out, or day out for the lads/lassies. Keep navigation simple, and precise. There's no need to go into too much detail, just the basics - price, location, safety etc.

Maybe create a members area for repeat booking people?? Give them special offers.

Also try cater for corporate companies by showing that it could be used as part of a teambuilding day out.

theres my thoughts anyway!

Tom

Hey Tom thanks for your in put

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

the first thing i want to see on a bungee site is several pictures of bungee locations, which i can click on and see more movies/pictures of a jump at that location

dont have it black like the last one, i suggest a sky backround which changes weather each time you enter

good luck with it

Advertisement