Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's required for selling a second-hand car stereo

Options
  • 07-08-2003 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, so my ex asked me to sell a car stereo she had bought for her fiesta (and then discovered that it couldn't be fitted for various reasons). Thing is, while it's got speakers, tweeters, splitters and so on, there's no paperwork :(
    Asking round the department gave no contacts for an informal sale, but before I go posting ads in a more public place, I wanted to know if the lack of paperwork is serious or not?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

it depends on whether people trust you not to be selling stolen goods. I recently sold an old CD Changer that I took out of my old car. Had a lot of hassle because people immediatly think it's nicked because there's no paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

what have you got?

what sort of money.

receipts are nice, but If it's a complete system It's kinda hard to knick the whole lot from a car.

any original packaging or manuals would be a bonus.

I may be interested

John

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

john, it's an aiwa ct-320
    ctx320.jpg
    One of these lads.
    Three sets of speakers with two speakers in each, all Boschmann - MB-42XT, PR-9660NX and there's what looks like an MMi set of tweeters. I'm not sure exactly, I'm not that much of a petrolhead. Looks like this:
    587.jpg

My ex was hoping to get around a hundred sterling for the lot.

Should this be headed over to the wanted forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Hmmm.

Not quite what I'm looking for in the stereo.

The speakers do look interesting though. Hmmm

I'll look up those model numbers.

John

Advertisement