Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Help.

• 07-08-2003 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭

A fellow asked me this question:

He has a DVD which is in encoded for US TV and when he plays it in his DVD player its appears in black and white and there is no sound. He wants me to convert it to PAL.

It is not an encrytped DVD as far as know.Its not a hollywood movie.

Whats the best way to approach so he can play it on a stand alone DVD player .

I will be getting the DVD this weekend and will be able to examine futher.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

is his telly compatible with NTSC? a mate of mine had similar problem, he was tryin do play US dvds on a region free dvd player but with an old telly that was not ntsc compatible, once he tried it on a newer telley it was fine.

Hope it helps

RobC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by robc
    is his telly compatible with NTSC? a mate of mine had similar problem, he was tryin do play US dvds on a region free dvd player but with an old telly that was not ntsc compatible, once he tried it on a newer telley it was fine.

Hope it helps

RobC
    i'll take that in mind before i go recoding the film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Rip the film. Reencode with TMPGenc from NTSC to PAL and then burn back to DVD. Go to http://www.dvdrhelp.com for more help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by daveg
    Rip the film. Reencode with TMPGenc from NTSC to PAL and then burn back to DVD. Go to http://www.dvdrhelp.com for more help.

yeah checked that site out but i cant burn it back to DVD as it dont have a DVD burner.

But thanks for the advice. Might try and create a few video CDs instead.

Advertisement