Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SkyDigital Satellite Uk & Ireland, Soon to announce,Cheap Internet Access packages?..

Options
  • 07-08-2003 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Just thought you all might like to know. I was talking to Sky in Scotland this morning, and I asked if Sky were planning to introduce access packages for Ireland & U.K. The answer was a definite quote: "Yes".

The announcement and full details of their via Satellite, ISP packages to include Broadband and probably a telephony service. Which will be 24/7 Cheap packages, should be appearing on their website* within about a month!.

I pressed one individual for a definite date, but he stated the following : Quote:- " At the moment I am afraid it is a matter of - Watch this space i.e. www.sky.com
    end quote.

He also confirmed that the Sky ISP packages will be readily available to ex-SkyDigital Satellite subscribers, who had held on to their Sky digibox and Satellite Dish equipment!, and for these people which includes me, signing up and having whichever ISP package I wanted would only involve one phone call to them. As their ISP & Telephony services will be "Stand alone" services.

They alrady offer a mobile phones unlimited call package in the U.K. called Skytalk. So, its a case of fingers crossed, and NO the SUN has not gone to my head!, before someone asks.

All the best.

Paddy20.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

that sounds particularly interesting paddy, must watch sky.com for more details

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Information Update:- Re:- Skytalk. I have just been talking again to Sky and they told me :- Quote:- " Some of our ordinary domestic landline telephone service users are saving up to 60% on their ordinary telephone call charges. Compared to what they used to have to pay BT in call charges" end quote.

Interesting, and maybe a little off topic I know but encouraging and appropriate at this time, I think!.

Paddy20.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Pure vapourware (at least at this point). In the UK Sky resell BT Broadband. They don't even rebrand it - it's one of those cross-marketing mutual backscratching deals. They currently have no system for Internet access by satellite. If they ever get around to it, they'll obviusly require a phone connection for an uplink as your dish can't transmit.

Digital Spy has had posters mentioning this "coming soon" service from Sky for nigh on two years now. Sky reps told me on the phone 18 months ago that UTV was coming soon as well so this is the reliability factor gone out the window.

As with all unreferenced vapourware threads, this one's getting a locking. Let's look at it in a year and see if they're saying the same thing. if Sky announce something, great. better still if they actually do more than announce something. In accordance with the "vapourware threads raise hopes and annoy us all in the end" policy discussed and endorsed w while back, this stays locked until there's at least some small detail announced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement