Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with New IOLBB Connection

• 07-08-2003 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi all,

Just a quick question..

Has anyone else out there had a problem with timing out while trying to access websites using the IOL Broadband Service? It is only the odd site that I can actually connect to since I switched from the No Limits service. I have contacted the tech support in IOL and after about 4 phone calls they have told me that it is a problem they are aware of and are trying to rectify. Apparently it is only affecting a handful of people.

When I do actually manage to get to a site where I can download anything, the speeds seem fine... 6 mins for a 17MB download was the best so far..so everything seems to be fine on that front.

Just wondered has anyone else had this prob...and hopefully if anyone else has..IOL are aware of it...in the meantime I'm banging my head off the desk in frustration...:-)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Some webby load slowly for me 800b/s while the vast majorty load at 33-50 kbs

never had a timeing out problum though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Midnyte Rambler

Obviously this isn't a widespread problem ...yet...but is just frustrating. Ironically one of the websites that I have never been able to open with BB is IOL's own !! I have connected with the 56k modem with no probs and everything works fine and have collected mails as well..which I also cannot using the BB. Some websites will eventually open if I leave the window open long enough..but broadband it ain't.

If I get any kind of answer about this I'll post in case anyone else suffers the same problem at some stage..

Advertisement