Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

price hykes for pay as u go

• 07-08-2003 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

from next month pay as u go costs will all increase, vodafone, o2, meteor. vodafone texts will all be 16c,

o2 will be 11c to o2 nums and 13c to other networks. with no weekend reductions! =-(

meteor are going up to 15c.

listen to this, at peak times on vodafone it will cost a massive 78c to other networks!!!!! hello, its like cheaper calling australia!! not really but close enough.

so im really p'd off being an 02 user. ridiculous. 15% increase and 19% increse on texts with o2 and vodafone. cost should be going DOWN not UP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

What's your source for this info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Not sure about vodafone but O2 are giving customers the option to buy their texts in bulk now though. You can buy 100 texts for €7.50 or 200 for €15. That means it only costs 7.5c to send a text with O2. Far better value really. I think you text *105# to set up the bulk texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

The o2 text bundles are great though...100 texts to any network for 7.50 ...and paying in advance means that even when youre out of cred you can still send texts :) plus if you dont use the 100 in a month they carry forward - but most people i know would easily use 100 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

sorry, got it of the carphone warehse magazine. also heard something about it a while ago.

text bundles are great, hope they dont go up. but vodafone are ripping people off now. 16c per msg! id advise vodafone users to switch to o2.

this confirms it, http://www1.o2.ie/products_services/tariffs/speak_easy

sly vodafone dont have it up yet. nobody knows about it yet, therel be uproar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Vodafone's taking the piss and I'm not laughing.
    SMS should be 3 or 4c now, not 4 times that.
    I'm going to look into switching over soon, prehaps by september if I have the cash.

yes, 16c is scandelous. friends for less costs are going up aswell.

18c to vodafone mobiles and irish landlines off-peak, 61c at peak.(dont know if thats different to previous).

36c to other irish mobiles off peak and 78c at peak.

friends 4 less calls, 13c off peak, 42c at peak.
    friends 4 lesss texts, 11c off peak and at peak.

thats it, all the costs. ridiculous, if the calls have gone up thats a disgrace. (im o2 thank god but they've gone up too, still not a s bad as vodafone.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Has anyone any online source to prove this is correct for Meteor and Vodafone?

Slightly OT but Vodafone said this in a press release last month "the next six months will see the introduction of an All island tariff, new offerings under our Mobile Office umbrella, a suite of weekend promotional rates and engaging new services for our growing Vodafone live! customer base".

About time there was a all island tariff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this is another sign that rip-off ireland keeps getting worse and worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The fact that they are all raising their prices at the same time is blatent evidence of price fixing and cartel behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by kevinmcc
    Not sure about vodafone but O2 are giving customers the option to buy their texts in bulk now though. You can buy 100 texts for €7.50 or 200 for €15. That means it only costs 7.5c to send a text with O2. Far better value really. I think you text *105# to set up the bulk texts.

I heard about this recently too and as far as im concerned txt's are going down in price to 7.5c as im putting 15e into my phone and getting the 200txt bundle as soon as possible.

ive no proof vodafone are going up, only in the carephone warehouse magazine but i assure you they are, take a look at this, its poor quality but u can still make it out. (ive no scanner)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

txts msgs in the UK are £0.13 on orange so we dont have it that bad off peak but peak is wayyy 2 expensive why should it cost more on peak the data usage is tiny you could send a few 1000 txts and use less than 1mb its a discrace. is this price increase the same for post pay customer?

i dont THINK it will effect post pay customers but then again why would they increase pay as u go and not postpay?? pehaps to get more post pay customers? anyway, they'll want to maximise profits so i wouldnt be surprised.

all 3 networks have obviously arranged this, as someone said its price fixing. exploiting young people especially as most ready to go customers are young kids/teenagers. for 10euro you used to get 76texts with vodafone, now only 62texts.

02 texts bundles mean that 02 texts are now over HALF as cheap as vodafone. all u vodafone customers (ready to go), get moving to o2. your being ripped off from next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Do they have a list of Vodafone postpay charges in the brochure? Any chance of posting a .jpg of it?

heres vodafone light tarif (cheapest 20euro mnth) , with digital cam. =-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I send upwards of 100 texts a week so Vodafone you just lost yourself a customer. I had a quick glance at the price of games and ring tones on Vodafone Live today. Excluding this promotional period of half price games/ring tones for every weekend in August. They are fleecing 087 customers dry. €4 for polyphonic tones and upwards of €7.50 for a measly 99k game. O2 are much more reasonable. You're better off buying a bluetooth card if you actually download from Vodafone Live

I'm leaving Vodafone too. Time to port to O2. Does anyone know is it possible to port from Voda to O2 without having to visit a agent. Like through fax or post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

thats a misprint in the CPW magazine.

• Advertisement

not a misprint, sure even the o2 website shows prices are going up. vofafone are being sly and waiting 'til the last minute to announce it.

why would o2 put up their prices and be totally out-priced in the market? they have all agreed to up their prices. o2 are the only one's that have the decency to inform the customer of it in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Originally posted by smemon

listen to this, at peak times on vodafone it will cost a massive 78c to other networks!!!!! hello, its like cheaper calling australia!! not really but close enough.
    78c for a voicecall on a mobile phone is OTT.

Are voice rates going up concerning other networks?

actually no, vodafone are the only network to up their voice calls price. a bit greedy isnt it??

i know vadafone have the tag as ireland's no.1 network but i suggest all ready to go customers move elsewhere. OTT is an understatement.

vodafone are now the dearest of the 3 networks, they were anyway but now they've made the gap even bigger. i think they top the coverage by 1 or 2% but thats all they have over o2 now.

The Prices in the CPW mag are incorrect. It is a 100% misprint.

Not too sure about everything else..........

100% misprint, why do u think this?? its on 02's website and in cpw magazine.

Im referring to the Voda RTG prices in the CPW MAG, they are wrong, I am good Friends with quite a few management staff with CPW and they confirmed it.....

i doubt very much if 02 and meteor put up their prices and vodafone remain the same. could be a misprint but we'll just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

O2 would hardly put up new prices on their website if they weren't in operation yet.

There would also be uproar in the papers, especially if SMS prices were being increased.

There's nothing anywhere, internal or external in Vodafone about price increases at the end of month. O2 also don't say that the prices have been/are being increased, on their website.

So, yes, I'd say it's a misprint.

We're also likely to see an SMS price war quite soon IMO. Vodafone and O2 have both released bulk text packages for postpay customers, so it's very likely they'll also spread to prepay customers eventually.

As an aside - All mobile operators will do whatever they can to get people to switch to postpay. Postpay customers make up the minority of customers, but generate most of the profit. Quite a large chunk of prepay customers cost more than they're worth.

smemon - How about you post up a full-page scan of the article, along with some exact dates, instead of some vague details and dodgy scans?

i cannot post the whole article, my camara cant fit it in. anyway ive e-mailed vodafone asking them about it. will post reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Text Messages from o2 Speakeasy phones to Text other o2 phones (O2 to O2) may cost less than calls to the Vodafone/Meteor networks.

With number portability - you really don't know what network you are calling.

The text bundles seem to be a monthly debit on your call credit. If you could sign up and then opt up after purchasing a bundle they'd be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

For some reason I think the article is off the mark... That is unless Vodafone do not intend to tell their staff about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

If all the operators increase their prices at the same time, I'm simply going to turn off my phone, and leave it off. Don't *need* the thing anyway....

Surely there's some sort of 'telecommunications regulator' that would become somewhat suspicious if all three operators did raise the price at the same time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

In order for telecom companies to raise their charges they have to get permission from Comreg why dont you ask comreg and see if they have been asked for said permission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by Cork
    The text bundles seem to be a monthly debit on your call credit. If you could sign up and then opt up after purchasing a bundle they'd be ok.

Are you saying that they'd be ok if you could remove the service from your phone after you've used the 100/200 txts, cuz you can by txting the same number that you use to sign up *105#. Also if you dont have the money availible in your credit they try again in 24hours after that its another month before they try again. Well thats my understanding of it anyway.

clicky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'm changing over to O2 aswell. Vodafone can go to hell.

• Advertisement

heres the full page in 4/5 quarters. couldnt get the small print into full picture.

now..

now...

now..

finally..

• Advertisement

I think it has been confirmed that those is misprints...... Close the thread, boring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    I think it has been confirmed that those is misprints...... Close the thread, boring!
    Has it? Please post the URL to your source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

i have a winter edition of the o2 mag from 2002 and the price that are on the o2 site now are the same as the prices in the mag. whats the panic!!!!!!!!

will post pic of mag 2mw to prove it

Something about.....

thats a misprint in the CPW magazine.

The Prices in the CPW mag are incorrect. It is a 100% misprint.

Im referring to the Voda RTG prices in the CPW MAG, they are wrong, I am good Friends with quite a few management staff with CPW and they confirmed it.....

And finally, I reckon that if such a thing was true, some bleeding daily paper would be crying about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

TBH, looking at the evidence it may well be a misprint. However, it may also be true. All hearsay and speculation, either way, tbh.

still no reply from vodafone, sent them an e-mail 3 days ago asking them to confirm if these are misprints.all they have to answer is yes or no.

shouldnt take 3 days to do that. will still post reply if i get one. :mad:

Well it does say on Vodafone website that friends for less are promotional rates to 31st of August.
    However I rang up Voda and they said they aren't going up but Vodafones customer service is crap anyway so I wouldn't believe em.

Well I have confirmation that the no one in Vodafone's Customer Operations department know about these rises and they are currently the hands of their Retail Operations department to contact CPW.

So for the moment, they are incorrect.

after 5 days i finally got a reply! it doesnt even clear up anything.

here it is,

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for contacting Vodafone with your query. Please accept my apologies for the delay in dealing with your request. We would not be in a position to comment on what offers the carephone warehouse have at the moment. Perhaps its a case of prices returning to normal after offers have expired? The best thing to do is shop around. Vodafone agents will have all the up to date information you require. i hope this has been of some assistance to you.
    i apologise for the inconvenience this delay has caused you.

God it gets worse. Savage reply.

Will ya post the email u sent in the original place?

• Advertisement
Advertisement