Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointing Endings

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

Super Mario Sunshine has the worst ending. Can barly remember it but it what crap.
    And i know its a beat em' up but Powerstone 2's was crap too, he just flew away.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Does anyone know what the ending to Super Mario Sunshine was??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Something with Bowser and lil' bowser talking on the boat. And then Mario and Peach celebrating that they can now enjoy their holiday and get it on. Who needs LSD when you can watch mind warping stuff like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Crunch

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy

as far as good endings go the command and conquer games are some of the best, and planescape torment's was brilliant

How did Planescape Torment end? I played it alot looong time ago, but never finished it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

The secret of mana on the snes...that had an awful ending for such a great game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Games like MOHAA and beat em ups etc have sucky story lines overall (xcept tekken) There are just no depth to your actions...yes there is atomsphere.

But for an ending to be anyway good u gotta have a storyline building up to it. That way i feel an ending really starts when you kno 90% of what the game is about. for example for me the MGS ending starts here
    When u have to fight liquid on top of metal gear rex and thats the climax, the snowspeeder afterwards is just the calm after the finale
    The Half life ending i feel is more when u enter Xen rather then the choice but i guess it drags i say when u enter the alien factory is the climax. Of course games with storylines also have crappy endings...2 spring to mind. SoF2 has the most macho bullsh*t ending but at least it tries to be humourous the RTCW ending was the most disapointing because if u took my theory above the ending is when u finally meet the big bad
    knight of evil
    and then he becomes a rite pussy and u kik his ass with no probs. (did it first time round was expecting a surprise, the 1st boss was harder) and then the actual cutscene is rubbish.

The Deus Ex ending i feel is great if you take it from the point u learn the truth about yourself and the build up to your choice. not the choice itself...its deep in the games core about who you trust.
    two special endings exist if u save your brother at the hotel and the 2nd is access by cheats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

RTCW ending.

A really great game but what a shìtty ending. I was hoping something great but it felt like getting kicked in the nuts for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

blitz,
    How do you access the "cheat" ending in Deus Ex - I knew about saving Paul, what's the other one?

ughhh been drinking so this'll be hard....ok if u kno the level select codes ye kno the ones that exist in every fps...blah blah
    i never found out how you access it normally i dont think u can but if get the console codes for accessing each of the endings you either go up 1 to 4 or down to 0 and press enter...the result is a pointless mess ending thrown in...Now rumour has it that it can be accessed ingame in some bizarro way BUT...i dont kno how try over on planetdeus ex ask aroun...

now i feel sick scuse me...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry blitzkrieg but your argument lost all credit when you suggested that SOF2 and RTCW had a storyline. You may have thought it was a storyline but to say that would be a discredit to any other game book and film to associate them with these primary school dumb ass stories.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Sorry blitzkrieg but your argument lost all credit when you suggested that SOF2 and RTCW had a storyline. You may have thought it was a storyline but to say that would be a discredit to any other game book and film to associate them with these primary school dumb ass stories.

i never said it had to be a good storyline...but if u want films with worse storylines try most of Arnies low quality work Ghosts of Mars and other of john carpenters current tripe (and some of his old) etc etc. And there are books with bad stories (try all those provoctive books women read)

But i still take your point...I guess by the time i got halfway through both games i didnt really care much.

I must ask though what do people feel an ending must have to be good must it be a over the top jaw dropping cut scene. Cool little presents like in Nights or Soul Calibur or if it has some sort of story and satisfying conclusion?

On a side note two of my all time fav endings (similer) were Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 + Knuckles...because i take the ending from the point u face robotnik for the last time and in sonic 2 the music and the big robot followed by the sky dive and tails to the rescue really made me feel warm. And in S3+k its very similer xcept u got the whole asteroid chase bit which had me up all night...(i was v.young about 9...)

Well what I want from an ending is something that makes you feel that it was worth playing the whole game for. Endings like the ending of MGS or FFVII really got you thinking and well worth the effort to get them. I like games that make you really want to see the conclusion of the game. And it doesn't have to be really snazzy CGI or game engine cutscenes. Two of my favourite endings are from Suikoden 1+2 which tell you what happens to all 108 of your companions (hope they do the same in Sikoden 3). An example of a gorgeous CGI ending that was bitterly disappointing was the ending of FFVIII. The CGI was fantastic but the ridiculous and confusing storyline really discredited it and the characters where so annoying during the game that you really didn't care about them at the end and grew to hate most of them. A twist at the end is always good like in games like FFX and ZOE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Endings like the ending of MGS or FFVII really got you thinking and well worth the effort to get them.
    "live snake, live!"

that was a pretty damn moving ending alright, one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

c'mere.

Shut the fuck up.

What the christ makes your opinion more valid then his?

And RTCW did have a storyline. It had Nazis, experimental x-warriors and bloody big guns too.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

worst endings evar-> die hard trilogy...god they were so bad it made me laugh....then cry.

soul reaver one had a terrible ending? talk about soul reaver 2! HISTORY ABHORS A PARADOX
    what a load of ****e

baldurs gate: dark alliance ending pissed me off aswell at least u get a reward for beating the game tho.

Originally posted by nesthead
    soul reaver one had a terrible ending? talk about soul reaver 2! HISTORY ABHORS A PARADOX
    what a load of ****e

Soul Reaver 1 & 2 had a great ending. You need Blood Omen 2 to unstand the changes that Raziel made.

Some people just don't get a fine story!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

The endings to both Shenmue Games were both clifhangers for the next game. When the hell is Shenmue 3 out anyway? I really want to find out to see yer man kick Lan Di's ass!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

People are always gonna bitch about the Soul Reaver endings - which is perfectly understandable, and yet totally wrong. Its like someone complaining about The Fellowship of the Ring having a rubbish ending before the Two Towers is released. The story is not finished. As such, its quite difficult to make it a conclusive ending. And god damn, im looking forward to Defiance.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Mslug

best endings in a game for me would be metal slug2+3 and gta3.
    gta3 because it was a fun ending. metal slug2+3 they were epic especially 3

Originally posted by Mslug
    gta3 because it was a fun ending.
    i loved that ending:D

"now i gotta get my hair done, and my nails... blah blah blah"
    *BANG*

wrong end of the stick tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Entombed on the C64, worst ending ever.

"Congratulations" and then it'd drop back to the title screen. Great game, full of atmosphere but pant's ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

At least it said thanks.

See: Medal of Honour - Allied Assault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Pah, you're all wrong</startsFlameWar> :)

But no, seriously, don't take a game ending as what pops up after you've finished playing. Take the game ending to be the entire last level which wrap up the story line etc. To just consider what happens after all oportunity to play has ended would be naive. You are taking part in a story and as such need to view the whole final level as the final chapter as it were.

Incidently my favourite ending was probably the end of Terror from the Deep (very old game on the pc). It certainly took me a while to get to it and beat the final 3 level3s which compromised the end.

The ending I think I disliked the most was probably DOOM. I mean the cyber demon was a piece of piss to beat. WTF!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Drex

Glad that someone mentioned die hard trilogy, the endings lasted 5 seconds.
    Just finished Splinter Cell and must admit that the ending wasnt up to much, but the game was so satifying to play that I didnt really mind.

I never had the patience to finish medal of honor, how does that one go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Neverwinternights

the ending to the adventure which is 4 chapters which come swith the game was very poor. just text and a few black and white stills.

Best game ending Warcraft 3

Originally posted by [CrimsonGhost]
    The ending I think I disliked the most was probably DOOM. I mean the cyber demon was a piece of piss to beat. WTF!?!
    the cyber demon was the boss from episode 2, spider demon was the final boss.

the cyber demon is easily one of my favourite bosses in any game, he just looked so phucking BADASS

Originally posted by [CrimsonGhost]

Man, the ending to DOOM was great. I couldn't wait to get revenge for that rabbit. How dare they kill flufffy bunny.

Advertisement