Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone

Options
  • 07-08-2003 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Killzone, PS2's answer to Halo.

I saw a review for it in 'Edge', the offocial announcement for the game only coming out earlier this week. New screenshots have been floating around, and some critical info. Must say, it looks VERY, VERY nice.

It dark, atmospheric, with dark steel grays and burnt blacks replacing Halo's dark tortoise greens and sky blues. Fog shrouded levels of ash laden battlefields, swarming with Waffen SS look-alikes and Terminator looking gunships.

Set in the near future it's a little more down to earth then the sci-fi pumped Halo, which looks nice. Unfortunately it isn't as vehicle orientated as Halo, infact there's rumors that you wont be able to directly control any vehicle, which turns me off.. But it still sounds nice.

It based on sqaud-like tactics. There will be four characters in your squad, you will be able to play any one of the four, selecting your character at the begining of the game. The game is rumored to be making use of the Soccom Headset utility.

Does anyone have any more info on this game? Or a good website to find some decent screenshots/info? Or just some comments? Lets hear 'em. :D

-Adam-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

infact there's rumors that you wont be able to directly control any vehicle

its not a rumour it states in that article in edge that it will not have player controlled vehicles , why would that put you off ? its not trying to directly copy HALO - that would be silly - its trying to do somthing different... its nto really about squad tactics either lol did you actually read the article ? :)

anywho your other squad members cannot be killed by enemy gunfire - you cannot control them either so not much tactics there... they retreat if wounded and hide when under fire - the screenys looked quite nice i have to say though ! a year away but somthign to look forward to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Calling it the answer to Halo is not a good idea. Sony certainly don't want to bill it as that. This is a new team (although composed of alot of staff from excellent old dev studios) so the likelyhood of it living up to Bungie's masterpiece are unlikely.

That said, it's looking ****ing gorgeous. I love the sort of washed out d-day look. I also like the idea that your squad mates don't die, they just get weakened and fall back. I really hate it in games like Hidden And Dangerous when your crap AI allies all get killed and you have to restart constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Dark-Angel
    Killzone, PS2's answer to Halo.
    It dark, atmospheric, with dark steel grays and burnt blacks replacing Halo's dark tortoise greens and sky blues. Fog shrouded levels of ash laden battlefields, swarming with Waffen SS look-alikes

*cough* RTCW *cough*

Advertisement