Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

q2 alias and binds

Options
  • 17-03-1999 4:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

can someone tell me....
    as usual i have been muckin about with me config file. and now q2 tells me its too big. is it possible to load up 2 configs? for example when you start the game, go into consol and type config.cfg and then type config2.cfg. or will these override each other. also, does anyone have a decent communications alias and a decent weapons drop alias i can use? my one is too awkward and i usually get killed tryin to figure out what im tryin to drop etc.
    one last thing. is there a prblem with tinet at the moment coz my pingsover the last wek have been very erratic. packet loss has been huge and the connection very unstable. when i connect at 42000 q2 is unplayable to quake.ie but england is fine. however when i connect at 33000 quake.ie is fine.
    go figure?
    whitewash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Well WWMan as far as weapons binds are concerned, I'm one of a dying breed that actually use the arrow keys to move about and cos of that I had my weapon binds on the keys above them ie (delete for use rocket launcher and grenade launcher, end for use railgun and super shotgun, page down for hyperblaster and bfg10k, had other binds on the keys above that but didn't bother much with them, more for CTF)

Then weapon drops I used the numeric keypad for my weapon drops, each number corresponding to that weapon, ie kp_home drop rocket launcher etc. I was very comfortable with this set up, but no doubt people will call me a muppet for using those keys, I'm left handed although I dont think that should make a difference to you right handed freaks. smile.gif

Tin(cant think of anything original to say)Cool

Advertisement